A powerful bar that shows Yelp Rating & Reviews at the top of any WordPress theme, provides instant credibility.
Yelp has become indispensable for anyone that owns a business (regardless if you have a website or not). The Yelp Bar is a very easy & non-intrusive plug-in that shows the Yelp Ratings & Reviews for your business at the top of the page (same as HelloBar, doesn't stick). It provides your business with credibility, as visitors are quickly reassured through the rating & reviews provided by other users.
- See it in action on our Pubforce Theme.
- Works on any Theme without any customization.
- Provides your website with instant credibility.
- Conforms to strict Yelp display requirements.
- Adds 2 queries when active.
- API is only called every 12 hours (unless settings page is accessed, in which case the data is refreshed).
- Settings & Transient API are used to store data.
Other interesting stuff:
- Want to see our website solutions for restaurants? Check out happytables!
- Want to stay up-to-date with restaurant, pub or cafe news relevant to WordPress? Follow me on Twitter
|Tags||cafe, hospitality, places, pub, qype, rating, ratings, restaurant, restaurants, review, reviews, social media, tavern, urbanspoon, yelp|
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
yelpbarfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Go to the options panel under the 'Settings' menu and add your API data and other settings.
- Don't forget to rate if you like or dislike it!
- Tested for 3.4
- Added more countries
- Tested for 3.3.1
- CSS Fixes
- Tested for 3.2.1 (no issues)
- Enhanced for IE7
- Initial Release
Can I run this plugin on any theme?
Yes, this sits at the top of a theme independently regardless of color or texture. The red border was also added in case of a white background. This helps give the bar its own individual look.
Is it easy to setup?
By all means, all you need to do is sign-up for a Yelp API key (from the link provided within the settings) and enter the phone number of your business.
The Yelp Bar is activated but not showing up?
Please make sure you've emptied your cache if you're using any sort of caching tool.
Why aren't there any styling settings?
Whilst you can always edit the plug-in code & related files, Yelp has a strict display code which this plugin abides by. Out of respect for these API conditions, I've not created any detailed customization settings.