Define smilies as your way
This plugin allow you to change definition for wordpress smiley. With this plugin you can use multi definition for a smiley, accept special character like as ",',,>,<, one click to define all yahoo smilies, and more....
|Tags||emoticons, grin, smile, smiley, smilies, WP Smiley, yahoo|
- Download the plugin and extract its content
- Upload the complete folder
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Copy your smilies to
- Define smilies as your way through Settings->WP Smiley
- 1.0 [2009-11-12]: First released.
- 1.1 [2009-11-14]: Fix some problem with " and ' when you use wordpress default convert. Add custom setting for comment form id.
- 1.2 [2009-11-15]: Fix error not convert smilies contain both " and > or < when you use function convert of this plugin.
- 1.3 [2009-11-19]: Optimize to run faster.
- 1.4 [2010-01-25]: Change method to display smilies at the comment form, customize your "less" and "more" text. Add nosmiley tag for the content you don't want to convert to smiley, copy yahoo emoticons function was added too.
- 1.4.1 [2010-05-08]: Fix error when use nosmiley tag on multiple lines and not convert smilies in the comment of thesis theme.
One click to define all yahoo smilies
To use this option please copy all smilies from
/wp-includes/images/smilies directory then click on
Quickly define smiley for yahoo link in option page.
To convert smilies more correctly please use option
Convert post and
Convert comment in option page.
Check the checkbok
Uninstall this plugin in option page then press update.