WP Email Template
WP Email Template - responsive, customizable, email browser optimized template for all WordPress and plugin generated emails e.g. WP e-Commerce, Gravi
WP Email Template does just 2 things - beautifully
Applies a responsive, customizable, optimized html email template to every email sent from your WordPress site including plugin generated emails.
Easy to use visual editor allows you to customize the style and header, footer content of your WP Email Template to match your site.
WP Email Template is optimized to show your HTML email template design perfectly in the10 most popular email browers.
- Apple iOS Devices
- MS Outlook
- Apple Mail
- Yahoo! Mail
- Google Gmail
- Android Devices
- Windows Live Desktop
- Mozilla Thunderbird
It does not matter if you are running a start-up 1 person blog or an e-commerce site with 1,000's of products you are trying to build a brand - your brand. WP Email Template ensures that when people interact with you via a comment on a blog post, an email inquiry, a purchase transaction, in fact any email communication between your site and them carries your branding.
Why we built it
We built this plugin because we believe it is important that every contact we have with our clients carries our brand. We just hated those boring unbranded plain text emails WordPress generates and the unbranded html styling some plugins apply to our contact with our customers. So we built the WP Email Template to make sure that every contact our online customers have with us carries our brand. We have used it for a while now and just love it. Our inspiration for the WP Email Template came from the inspired work by the Mike, James and Coen at WooCommerce
WP Email Template works with every plugin we have tested it on.
- Gravity Forms - see the screen shots - looks sensational with the default Gravity style.
- Contact Form 7 - see the screenshots
- WP e-Commerce - applies the template to every store generated email to customers and admins
- WooCommerce - Version 2.0 and backward compatible. By default the plugin ignores WooCommerce email output - but you can choose to apply your WordPress Email Template to all Woocomerce emails to give you consistant branding across your entire site.
- WP Mail SMPT - WP Email Template does not interfere with the way any WordPress or any plugin handles email output - it just applies the template to any output content.
- BackupBuddy - I love it when even my admin emails are branded - see the screenshots
- Wordfence - Branded security emails - nice.
Please let us know if you find a plugin that WP Email Template does not apply your template to that plugins email output.
If you have any problem with setting up the Free lite version please post your support request here on the WordPress support forum. PLEASE if you have a problem DO NOT just give the plugin a bad star rating and review without first requesting support. Giving the plugin a bagging without affording us the opportunity to help solve the issue is in our opinion just not nice.
Once you have the plugin installed and activated please refer to the plugins comprehensive Online Documentation and guide to setting up the WP Email Template plugin on your WordPress install. If you have questions - again please post them to the support forum here.
When you install WP Email Template you will see on the admin panel all of the added styling options that upgrading to the PRO Version will activate. The plugin is designed so that upgrading is completely seamless. Nothing changes except all advanced styling options that you see on the Lite version inside the yellow border are activated. Many thousands of users find the Free version has all the features that they need and never upgrade. If you find you want the added styling functionality that you see on the plugins dashboard you can upgrade at any time, completely risk free.
WP Email Template requires no set up or configuration. As soon as you install and activate the plugin, it applies the default template to all of your emails. If you wish to add your own custom style then visit the plugins admin page and use the simple visual editor. For the absolute WordPress beginner we do have full pictorial documentation on how to find and use the visual editor features. See the plugins documents on line at the a3rev wiki.
If you do a translation for your site please send it to us and we'll include it in the plugins language folder and credit you here with the translation and a link to your site.
- English (default) - always included.
- German - DE Thanks to Marko Geisler
- Russian - RU Thanks to Viktor Demidov *.po file (wp_email_template.po) in languages folder for translations.
- Go here to send your translation files to us.
|Contributors||a3rev, A3 Revolution Software Development team|
|Tags||comment forms, comments, contact, contact form 7, contact forms, e-commerce email, email, forms, woocommerce email, wordpress email, wordpress email template, wp e-commerce email|
WordPress blog comment notifications with the WP Email Template
Gravity Form email output with the WP Email Template
Contact Form 7 email output with the WP Email Template
WP e-Commerce Purchase Report with WP Email Template
WP Email Template applies to all email notifications generated from installed plugins to customers and admins e.g. BackupBuddy
- WordPress 3.4.1
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don't even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WP Email Template, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type "WP Email Template" and click Search Plugins. Once you have found our plugin you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves down loading our plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installations wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
1.0.5 - 2013/04/16
- Feature: Added when install and activate plugin link redirects to WP Email Template admin panel instead of the wp-plugins dashboard
- Fix: Yahoo Mail does not support p tag - space between paragraphs. Coded in line CSS fix to auto add space between paragraphs for Yahoo Mail.
- Fix: Yahoo Mail auto removes body tag and hence would not show the background colour. Coded in-line CSS fix to force Yahoo Mail to show background colour.
1.0.4 - 2013/04/01
- Feature: Upgraded plugins admin to use Chosen script for dropdowns and options.
- Feature: Replaced add template header image via URL with image uploader.
- Feature: Added option to set Text link colour in email body. Previously this was auto set to be the same as the header background colour - but caused problems with links not visible when header background and email body background both use the same colour. ( PRO version only)
- Fixed: Max wide layout issues with template display in iPhone 5.
- Fixed: Bug for users who have https: (SSL) on their sites wp-admin but have http on sites front end. This was causing the email template preview to show a -1 instead of the Template because wp-admin with SSL applied only allows https:, but the url of admin-ajax.php?action=preview_wp_email_template is http: and it is denied hence was returning the ajax -1 error. Fixed by writing a filter to recognize when https is configured on wp-admin and parsing correctly. If you do not have this configuration nothing changes for you, if you do have https on your wp-admin (or install it in the future) and http on the front end then Email Template Preview action now automatically detects that and works as it should.
- Tweak: Update the plugins wiki docs to show new admin style, image upload feature and colour link text colour options.
1.0.3 - 2013/03/05
- Feature: Updated all plugin code to be 100% compatible with new WooCommerce V2.0 with backwards compatibility..
- Feature: (PRO Version feature) - Added the ability to deactivate the Email Template background pattern. (much requested feature).
184.108.40.206 - 2013/02/16
- Tweak: Added a Settings link to the plugins wp-admin plugins dashboard listing and updated the Support URL
- Tweak: Updated Support URL on the wordpress.org description
- Localization: German Translation by Marko Geisler added to langauge folder
1.0.2 - 2013/01/11
- Fixed: WP Email Template apply to WooCommerce Email template when user had selected do not apply for that option. Thank you to Roger Amstell for reporting and helping us to locate and fix these bugs.
1.0.1 - 2013/01/09
- Tweak: Updated Support and Pro Version link URL's on wordpress.org description, plugins and plugins dashboard. Links were returning 404 errors since the launch of the all new a3rev.com mobile responsive site as the base e-commerce permalinks is changed.
- Fixed: When user server does not support file_get_contents function changes made to the template were not applying to the WooCommerce Email template. We had added a get file from get_stylesheet_directory_uri constant as a work around but had missed the () at the end of the function so it wasn't working
1.0.0 - 2012/09/03
- First Release.
Install and activate the plugin
Go to Settings > Email Template
Add your styling