WP e-Commerce Grid View
WP e-Commerce Grid View Lite automatically activates the WP e-Commerce Grid View feature.
Install WP e-Commerce Grid View to showcase your products using a grid view layout. Grid view gives your front end user a greatly enhanced browsing and shopping experience on your site. The plugin automatically activates the native grid view functionality on WP e-Commerce when installed and activated.
- WP e-Commerce Grid View has no settings, just install and activated.
- Works with any theme.
Cross Browser Compatibility
WP e-Commerce Grid View has been tested on the default WordPress themes Twenty Ten and Twenty Eleven and it is tested 100% compatible with all browsers. As long as your theme is compatible with a browser Grid View will show true.
Pro Version Upgrade
For those who want more control there is a PRO Version upgrade. Features include:
- WP e-Commerce does not support scaling Grid View product thumbnail images to the grid view thumbnail place marker dimensions. It shows a cropped and often distorted part of the image and looks ugly.
- WP e-Commerce Grid View Pro fixes this for you by auto scales the image products feature image thumbnails.
- It does not matter what size or dimensions the product feature image is - Grid View Pro automatically scales it to show the whole image inside the thumbnail holder - with no distortion.
- Images are scaled from the centre of the frame for a great display.
Find detailed step-by-step Grid View set up instructions in the plugins documentation on the a3rev wiki.
|Contributors||a3rev, A3 Revolution Software Development team|
|Tags||e-commerce, wordpress ecommerce, wp e-commerce, WP e-Commerce Grid View, WP e-Commerce Product Pages|
- WordPress 3.3 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don't even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WP e-Commerce Grid View, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type "WP e-Commerce Grid View" and click Search Plugins. Once you have found our plugin you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installations wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
1.0.3 - 2013/04/22
- Feature: Added when install and activate plugin link redirects to the Store > Presentation options page where the WP e-Commerce Grid View settings are instead of the wp-plugins dashboard which has caused confusion as users do not realize that WP Grid View has no settings.
- Compatibility: Tested all plugin code 100% compatible with new WP e-Commerce version 3.8.10
- Tweak: Updated some 404 links from plugins readme and dashboard.
1.0.2 - 2013/01/09
- Tweak: Updated Support and Pro Version link URL's on wordpress.org description, plugins and plugins dashboard. Links were returning 404 errors since the launch of the all new a3rev.com mobile responsive site as the base e-commerce permalinks is changed.
1.0.1 - 2012/08/23
- Tweak - Added Plugin description Documentation | Support links and updated description
- Feature - Created plugin documentation on the a3rev wiki. Includes detailed tutorial on configuring WP e-Commerce grid view settings.
- Feature - Pro version now supports scaling Category thumbnail images
- Tweak - Updated wordpress.prg description with more plugin information.
- Tweak - Created Github repository for Pro Version files.
1.0 - 2012/07/23
- Initial release.
When can I use this plugin?
You can use this plugin only when you have installed the WP e-Commerce plugin.
Install and activate the plugin
Go to Settings > Store > Presentation tab > Product Page Settings
Select Grid View and your Grid View Settings.
Save your changes.
Support is available from the HELP tab on the Pro Versions Home page.