WP Display Header
Select a specific header or random header image for each content item or archive page.
This plugin lets you specify a header image for each post, page, custom post type or archive page individually, from your default headers and custom headers.
It adds a meta box in the post edit screens with the header selection and a settings field in the edit profile and each taxonomy edit screen. If no specific header is specified for a post it will fall back to the default selection. There is no change of template files necessary as this plugin hooks in the existing WordPress API to unfold its magic.
I will be more than happy to update the plugin with new locales, as soon as I receive them! Currently available in:
Thanks to Erik T. for the idea to this plugin!
|Tags||admin, custom, custom header, custom header image, display dynamic header, display header, dynamic, fast, header, header image, image, images, page, plugin, posts|
- Download WP Display Header.
- Unzip the folder into the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Added an option to not display a header at all.
- Updated utility class.
- Tested for WordPress 3.6.
- Fixed a bug, where the fallback to the default header did not work. Props carloscorrela.
- IMPORTANT: Version 2.0.0 breaks compatibility with WordPress versions prior to 3.2!
- Added the header selection field to Taxonomy and Author Edit screens.
- Fixed a minor bug for themes that have no header images registered.
- Improved user experience when current theme does not support custom headers, on activation of the plugin.
- Deprecated settings functions for WP Save Custom Header in preparation for overhaul in v2.0.0.
- Updated utility class.
- Fixed a bug, where a selected header wouldn't override the default selection on posts pages.
- Specific headers can now be reverted by selecting the default header.
- Adjusted meta box layout to WordPress core.
- Transfered CSS in external file.
- Updated FAQ section. Props Brian.
- Tested for WordPress 3.3.1.
- Added support for WordPress 3.2 core header uploads.
- Tested for WordPress 3.2-beta
- Fixed a minor bug where a PHP warning was issued in the edit-post-screen, when there are no header images registered.
- WordPress Plugin Repository update bug.
- Tested for WordPress 3.1.2.
- Now a custom folder name can be specified. See: Settings > Media.
- Added Italian translation. Props Pietro Rossi.
- Tested for WordPress 3.1.1
- Adopted WP Save Custom Header multisite capability.
- Made HTML W3C valid.
- Initial Release.
What do I need in the `header.php` file to make the plugin work seamlessly?
To make it work in your
header.php file all you need is a
header_image() call like so:
<img src="<?php header_image(); ?>" width="<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>" height="<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT; ?>" alt="" />
header.php for reference.
Plugin Filter Hooks
Whether to show the default header (true) or to look for a specifically selected header for the current request.
All attachments with the meta key
_header_image. An array with the query vars.
The array with all registered headers.
The url to the currently active header image.