WP Customer Reviews
WP Customer Reviews allows your customers and visitors to leave reviews or testimonials of your services. Reviews are Microformat enabled (hReview).
There are many sites that are crawling for user-generated reviews now, including Google Places and Google Local Search. WP Customer Reviews allows you to setup a specific page on your blog to receive customer testimonials for your business/service OR to write reviews about multiple products (using multiple pages).
- WP Multisite and Multiuser (WPMU / WPMS / Wordpress MU) compatible.
- All submissions are moderated, which means that YOU choose which reviews get shown.
- Reviews are displayed to visitors in a friendly format, but search engines see the hReview microformat (and RDFa soon!)
- Multiple anti-spam measures to prevent automated spambots from submitting reviews.
- Provides a configurable
Business hCard, to help identify all pages of your site as belonging to your business.
- Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
- Shortcodes available for inserting reviews and review form on any page or widget.
- Works with caching plugins and a majority of themes.
- Includes an external stylesheet so you can modify it to better fit your theme.
- Reviews can be edited by admin for content and date.
- Admin responses can be made and shown under each review.
- Support for adding your own custom fields.
- The plugin can be used on more than one page, and can be used on posts.
- Supports both
- Shows aggregate reviews microformat (
- Fast and lightweight, even including the star rating image. This plugin will not slow down your blog.
- Validates as valid XHTML 1.1 (W3C) and valid Microformats (Rich Snippets Testing Tool).
- And much more...
This is a community-driven , donation-funded plugin. Almost every new feature that has been added was due to the generous support and suggestions of our users. If you have a suggestion or question, do not hesitate to ask in our forum.
More information at: WP Customer Reviews
|Author||Go Web Solutions
|Tags||business, google, hcard, hproduct, hreview, microformat, microformats, MU, places, plugin, product, rating, ratings, rdfa, review, review box, review widget, reviews, seo, service, shortcode, snippet, snippets, testimonial, testimonials, widget, wordpressmu, wpmu|
- Upload contents of compressed file (wp-customer-reviews) to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress admin.
- Create a WordPress page to be used specifically for gathering reviews or testimonials.
- Go into settings for WP Customer Reviews and configure the plugin.
- [Fix] In some cases, the database table was not being created on activation
- [Fix] We will leave clearing any caching plugins up to the user
- [Fix] Prevented some PHP notices in admin area
- [Fix] Reverting change - We will use the wp_update_post function to trigger caching plugins/WP to refresh their cache
- [Fix] Plugin was not honoring asking without requiring custom fields
- [Fix] Plugin was not saving data that was entered into custom fields
- [Update] We will no longer show "There are no reviews yet" verbiage, since shortcodes can do odd things. We may add this back in with a future update
- [Update] Added multiple methods of adding plugin CSS/JS into theme header
- [Fix] Admin - Minor fix for a user-reported error in admin
- [Update] An update to prevent firing of wp_update_post hooks. Please report any issues with cached pages not updating
- [Fix] Admin - Some checkbox plugin settings could not be saved
- [Fix] Admin - Added better support for WPMU and to ensure ongoing WP compatibility
- [Fix] Shortcodes were not outputting inside of the correct container
- [Update] An option has been added to hide the submit review form
- [Update] Shortcode implementation has been updated with additional options
- [Update] Cleaned up some more code that was triggering E_NOTICE warnings
- [Update] hCard output can now be displayed for better visibility to search engines
- [Fix] 2.3.7 had introduced a redirect loop when loaded on a new page with no reviews
- [Fix] Admin - Using the enter key with in-place editing of reviews will no longer refresh the page
- [Fix] A recent update was forcing review pages to always jump to the review form. This has been corrected
- [Fix] Several refactorings to increase compatibility with themes and other plugins
- [Fix] Plugin now works without causing any NOTICE warnings if E_NOTICE is enabled in PHP configuration
- [Update] Shortcode implementation has been updated. Any pages using shortcodes will need to be updated to use the new format
- [Update] The plugin should now handle activation and upgrades better
- [Update] MANY bug fixes, cleanups, performance fixes, and internal changes
- [Fix] 2.3.4 had also broken pagination. This should now be working again.
- [Fix] The previous release had broken some of the styles, since it output the reviews outside of their expected container.
- If you have any feedback, suggestions, questions, or issues, please: Visit our support forum