Allows you to display a fancy popup to visitors, a *very* effective way of advertising a mailing list, special offer or running a plain old ad.
Here is just a taste of what it can do:
- Display fancy pop up(s) (powered as a popover!) to visitors network wide, per site or on specific URLs
- Hassle-free interface. Creating your new pop over is as simple as adding a new post to your WordPress blog.
- Extensive options for customizing who sees your pop overs including logged out users, visitors who have never commented , search engine visitors.
- Includes optional hide a pop over forever.
- Ability to set the amount of time that passes between when the user hits your site and when the pop up displays
- Compatible with any WordPress theme. Customize the style and layout of your pop over to fit with your existing site design.
- Works perfectly with WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress.
- Use this plugin on any WordPress project you like.
Visitors from our pop over on WPMU.org results in double the number of pages and twice the length of stay compared to visitors that come via Adwords!
And of course it even contains a link allowing users to click it and never see the popover again… just to take care of the complainers! Not that we’ve ever had a single complaint!
Like I said, we use it and now so can you!
Once installed, it’s really simple, just activate it and go to Pop Over > Create New to get started.
Then, set the display rules, namely: Show the Pop Over if one of the following checked rules is true:
- Visitor is not logged in.
- Visitor has never commented here before.
- Visitor came from a search engine.
- Visitor did not come from an internal page.
- Visitor referrer matches
- And the visitor has seen the pop over less than X times
- Visitor is arriving from a specific link
And you’re good to go!
|Tags||advertising, buddypress, buddypress plugin, making money, multisite, seo, wpmu, wpmu plugin|
WordPress Installation Instructions:
1) Place the popover directory in the plugins directory 2) Activate the plugin
WPMU Installation Instructions:
1) Place the popover directory in the plugins directory 2) Network Activate the plugin
For blog by blog, leave as is.
For network wide control - add the line define('PO_GLOBAL', true); to your wp-config.php file.
- Major rewrite
- Multiple PopUps can be created
- WP3.3 style updating
- Initial release