WaterWoo PDF Plugin
Protect your intellectual property! WaterWoo PDF allows WooCommerce site administrators to apply custom watermarks to PDFs upon sale.
WaterWoo PDF is a plugin that adds a watermark to every page of your sold PDF file(s). The watermark is customizable with font face, font color, font size, placement, and text. Not only that, but since the watermark is added when the download button is clicked (either on the customer's order confirmation page or email), the watermark can include customer-specific data such as the customer's first name, last name, and email. Your watermark is highly customizable and manipulatable, practically magic!
Please note you must have WooCommerce plugin installed and activated for this plugin to work. This plugin watermarks WooCommerce PDF products.
- Watermark only designated PDF downloads (as specified by you), or all PDF downloads from your site
- Files do not need to be in a specific directory
- Super customizable placement: watermark can be moved all over the page, allowing for different paper sizes (such as letter, A4, legal, etc)
- Watermark is applied to all pages of every PDF purchased
- Watermarks upon click of either the customer's order confirmation page link or email order confirmation link
- Dynamic customer data inputs (customer first name, last name, email, order paid date, and phone)
- Choice of font face, color, size and placement (horizontal line of text anywhere on the page).
WaterWoo Premium offers these helpful extra features:
- Watermark all PDF files with same settings OR set individual watermarks per product or even per product variation!
- Supports all versions of Adobe PDF (through 1.7)
- Additional, rotatable watermark location - two watermark locations on one page!
- Additional text formatting options, such as font color and style (bold, italics)
- Semi-opaque (transparent) watermarks
- Use of some HTML tags to style your output, including text-align CSS styling (right, center, left is default), links (<a>), bold (<strong>), italic (<em>)...
- Some support for maintaining internal and external embedded PDF links despite watermarking
- Line-wrapping, forced breaks with <p> and <br /> tags
- Additional font (Deja Vu) adding more international character support
- Additional dynamic customer data input (business name, order paid date)
- Begin watermark on selected page of PDF document (to avoid watermarking a cover page, for example)
- Watermark every page, odd pages, or even pages
- Optionally password protect and/or encrypt PDF files
- Optionally prevent copying, annotating, or modifying of your PDF files
- Test watermark and/or manually watermark a file on the fly, from the admin panel
|Tags||book, copyright, digital, e-commerce, ebook, ecommerce, file, marca de agua, pdf, plugin, property, protection, publishing, security, signature, watermark, watermarking, woocommerce|
To install plugin
- Upload the entire "waterwoo-pdf" folder to the "/wp-content/plugins/" directory.
- Activate the plugin through the "Plugins" menu in WordPress.
- Visit WooCommerce->Settings->Watermark tab to set your plugin preferences.
- Please test your watermarking by making mock purchases before going live to make sure it works and looks great!
- Note: for this to work you need to have pretty URLs enabled from the WP settings. Otherwise a 404 error will be thrown.
To remove plugin:
- Deactivate plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Delete plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Initial release
- Support for landscape orientation
- Fixed 4 PHP warnings
- Support for odd-sized PDFs
- Clean up code in waterwoo-pdf.php class_wwpdf_system_check.php and class_wwpdf_download_product.php
- UTF font encoding
- Support for redirect downloads (as long as file is in wp-content folder)
- Better watermark centering on page
- Readme updates
- Implemented woo-includes to determine if Woo is active
- Fixed link to settings from plugin page
- Tidy "inc/class_wwpdf_watermark.php"
- Missing folder replaced
- Fix default option variable names
- WC 2.3 ready
- added phone number shortcode
- tidied folder structure
- WC 2.3.4 update
- added order paid date shortcode: [DATE]
- fix to woo-includes / Woo Dependencies
- further fix to woo-includes / Woo Dependencies
- author domain name change
- streamlining of FPDI process
- minor error fixes
- Fixes for Wordpress 4.3
- Fixes for WoocCommerce 2.4
- Support added for more page/paper sizes
- Date i18n and by WP date setting format
- Watermarking over PDF images/embedded vectors
- Checks for Wordpress 4.4
- Small language updates - French (FR/CA), Spanish (ES/MX) and German(DE)
- Checks for Wordpress 4.4.1
- Fix for legacy version of WooCommerce < 2.3
- Checks for Wordpress 4.5.2
- Remove file path from error message
- Compatibility with WC v.2.6.1
- Updated internal links to premium version of plugin
Where do I change watermark settings?
You can find the WaterWoo settings page by clicking on the "settings" link under the WaterWoo PDF plugin title on your Wordpress plugins panel, or by navigating to the WooCommerce->Settings->Watermark tab.
It doesn't seem to work
First make sure you have checked the box at the top of your settings page (Woocommerce -> Settings -> Watermark) so that watermarking is enabled! Secondly, make sure you have entered your PDF file names correctly in the second field if you've entered any at all. Lastly, WaterWoo may not be able to watermark PDF files version 1.5 and newer. Consider the Premium version of the plugin, which includes the PDF parser necessary for newer files (1.5+). Please do get in touch with your issues via email ( hello @ waterwoo . me ) before leaving negative feedback about this free plugin.
How do I test my watermark?
I recommend creating a coupon in your Woocommerce shop to allow 100% free purchases. Don't share this coupon code with anyone! Test your watermark by purchasing PDFs from your shop using the coupon. It's a bit more tedious. If you want an easier go of it (on-the-fly testing), purchase the Premium version of this plugin.
Why does the watermark go off the page, create blank pages?
Your watermark text string is too big or long for the page! Try decreasing font size or using the Y fine tuners to move the watermark back onto the page. Try lowering your "y-axis" value. This number corresponds to how many millimeters you want the watermark moved down the page. The built-in adjustments on the settings page ultimately allow for watermarking on all document sizes. You may need to edit your watermark if it is too verbose.
Where do the watermarked files go?
They are generated with a unique name and stored in the same folder as your original Wordpress/Woo product media upload (usually wp-content/uploads/year/month/file). The unique name includes the order number and a time stamp. If your end user complains of not being able to access their custom PDF for some reason (most often after their max number of downloads is exceeded), you can find it in that folder, right alongside your original.
Will WaterWoo PDF watermark images?
WaterWoo PDF is intended to watermark PDF (.pdf) files. If you are specifically looking to watermark image files (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .etc), you may want to look into a plugin such as Image Watermark.
I get an FPDF error
If you get the "FPDF error: This document (../../yourfile.pdf) probably uses a compression technique which is not supported by the free parser shipped with FPDI" it is because the PDF you are trying to watermark uses a compression technique not supported by the bundled PDF generator, FPDI. FPDI parses PDFs through version 1.4, and occasionally has troubles with 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.
- Try this solution using Acrobat, if possible. Alternatively, you can go to Edit->Preflight->Standards and Save As PDF/A.
- If that doesn't work, test and perhaps purchase the add-on from SetaSign and add it into this plugin. That will take some programming chops. Or consider buying the Premium version of this plugin, as it will solve this problem.
Does this work for ePub/Mobi files
No, sorry. This plugin is just for PDF files.