WP Simple Pay Lite for Stripe
Add high conversion Stripe checkout forms to your WordPress site and start accepting payments in minutes.
In a few simple steps you can add Stripe's beautiful checkout forms to your WordPress site. Stripe's forms are continually tested and optimized to maximize customer conversion.
What is Stripe Checkout?
"Stripe Checkout is an embeddable payment form for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. It works within your site—customers can pay instantly, without being redirected away to complete the transaction."
If accepting credit card payments quickly and painlessly with little setup time is what you're looking for, this plugin is for you.
WP Simple Pay is not designed to integrate with more complex shopping cart, form builder or membership site plugins. Many of those plugins already have their own Stripe integrations.
This is a standalone Stripe checkout plugin.
That's it. No other plugins required.
SSL note: Stripe requires that any page hosting a live checkout form be SSL (they should start with
https://). See system requirements.
LITE VERSION FEATURES
- Display a small image of your brand or product on the checkout form.
- Optionally gather the customer's billing address during checkout.
- Optionally verify the card's zipcode during checkout.
- Large and growing list of specific currencies that can be set.
- Display checkout in several other languages besides English (8 and growing).
- Enable Bitcoin and/or Alipay payment options.
- Direct customers to specific pages on your site for successful or failed payments.
- Filters and hooks to delight developers.
- Translation ready, i18n support.
- Easily toggle between test and live mode until you're ready.
PRO VERSION FEATURES
- Everything in Lite plus...
- Custom Fields - Add field types to record additional data with each Stripe payment.
- Coupon Codes - Setup Stripe discount codes for use on payment forms.
- User Entered Amounts - Let customers enter the amount they want to pay.
- Easy Pricing Tables Integration - Connect beautiful pricing tables without additional code.
- Stripe Subscriptions - Customers can sign up for your recurring plans.
- Subscription Installment Plans - End recurring payments after a specified time.
- Subscription Setup Fees - Charge an extra fee at purchase in addition to recurring payments.
- Subscription Trial Periods - Delay recurring payments for a specified time for free trials.
- Priority email support with a 24-hour response time during weekdays backed by a top-notch team.
|Contributors||moonstonemedia, pderksen, nickyoung87, nekojira|
|Tags||e-commerce, ecommerce, payments, simple stripe checkout, stripe, stripe checkout|
1.5.9 - January 5, 2017
- Dev: Added action hook taking place after a charge but before the page redirect. Props [@ancentz]https://github.com/ancentz)
1.5.8 - December 8, 2016
- Dev: System report tweaks for PHP 7 compatibility.
- Dev: Updated to Stripe PHP library v4.3.0.
1.5.7 - November 17, 2016
- Dev: Tested up to WordPress 4.7.
- Dev: Updated to Stripe PHP library v4.1.1.
1.5.6 - October 27, 2016
- Fix: Additional check for Pro version active.
1.5.5 - October 21, 2016
- Fix: Corrected test mode not getting set correctly when using new alternate Stripe API key filters.
1.5.4 - October 17, 2016
- Tweak: Removed alternate Stripe API key support using shortcode attributes due to reliability issues. They must now be added through filters.
- Dev: Now sending application info with each Stripe API call to assist Stripe in debugging issues with accounts using the plugin.
- Dev: Updated to Stripe PHP library v4.0.0.
1.5.3 - September 14, 2016
- Fix: URL encode store name properly so it displays on payment details screen correctly.
- Dev: Add filter for payment form CSS classes.
- Dev: Move before payment button filter to proper place.
- Dev: Updated to Stripe PHP library v3.22.0.
1.5.2 - July 29, 2016
- Fix: Extra TLS compatibilty check via updated Stripe PHP library (v3.19.0).
- Feature: Added Stripe TLS requirement to system report.
- Dev: System report tweaks for PHP 7 compatibility.
- Dev: Tested up to WordPress 4.6.
1.5.1 - June 18, 2016
- Fix: Check for Pro version of WP Simple Pay to prevent fatal error in some cases.
- Dev: Improve store name url encoding and escaping for display on payment success page.
- Dev: Improve product name escaping for display on payment success page.
1.5.0 - March 6, 2016
- Tweak: Admin toggle switch UI for Test/Live modes updated.
- Tweak: Translations moved from .po/.mo files to official wordpress.org translation packs.
- Tweak: Always enqueue scripts option removed. Now forced on unless dequeued in code.
- Tweak: Stop execution of plugin instead of deactivating if Pro version detected.
- Dev: Now using Composer to handle PHP library dependencies (i.e. Stripe PHP).
- Dev: Tested up to WordPress 4.5.
1.4.6 - November 19, 2015
- Dev: Tested up to WordPress 4.4.
1.4.5 - September 29, 2015
- Fix: Re-added missing files to wordpress.org repository.
1.4.4 - September 29, 2015
- Fix: Fixed undefined variable PHP error.
- Dev: Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v3.4.0).
1.4.3 - August 31, 2015
- Tweak: Updated locale setting to allow specific languages recently added by Stripe. Also now defaults to "auto" (user's browser configuration).
- Feature: Added System Report page to assist with troubleshooting and support.
1.4.2 - August 14, 2015
- Fix: Added admin message when trying to activate Pro with Lite still active.
- Tweak: Adjusted name of admin menu label to be shorter.
- Dev: Updated existing sc_redirect filter.
- Dev: Added new sc_redirect_args filter.
1.4.1 - August 9, 2015
- Tweak: Added deactivation code so Lite and Pro versions don't run at the same time.
- Fix: Prevent conflicts with other plugins using Stripe.
- Dev: Now using Grunt to automate build and file minification tasks.
- Dev: Now JS & CSS files referenced are the minified versions. If SCRIPT_DEBUG set to true, all JS & CSS files referenced are the debug/unminified versions.
- Dev: No longer using the WPupdatePHP library.
220.127.116.11 - July 29, 2015
- Fixed a bug that was causing a PHP fatal error in some cases.
18.104.22.168 - July 27, 2015
- Temporary revert back to old domain name (wpstripe.net) due to DNS issues.
1.4.0 - July 25, 2015
- Added shortcode attributes to allow alternate Stripe API keys other than those stored in the default settings.
- Change of product name (WP Simple Pay Lite for Stripe).
- Major code refactor.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v2.3.0).
- Tested up to WordPress 4.3.
1.3.3 - May 20, 2015
- Added the ability to accept Alipay payments via shortcode (alipay="true" or "auto").
- Added optional Alipay shortcode attributes (alipay_reusable="true" and/or locale="true").
- Added the ability to accept Alipay payments via default settings.
- Added the ability to show payment details below post content via shortcode (payment_details_placement="below").
- Upon payment failure, the human-readable payment failure message is displayed instead of the failure code.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v2.1.4).
1.3.2 - April 24, 2015
- Fixed bug where the data-sc-id attribute of each form was not incrementing when also using custom form IDs.
1.3.1 - April 22, 2015
- Updated calls to add_query_arg to prevent any possible XSS attacks.
- Added the ability to accept Bitcoin payments via default settings.
- Now checks that host is running PHP 5.3.3 or higher using the WPupdatePHP library.
- Option to always enqueue scripts & styles now enabled by default.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v2.1.2).
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.
22.214.171.124 - March 13, 2015
- Corrected the Stripe PHP class check to include new v2.0.0+ namepace. Should fix issues when running other Stripe-related plugins that utilize a version of the Stripe PHP library less than v2.0.0.
1.3.0 - March 12, 2015
- Added the ability to accept Bitcoin payments via shortcode (bitcoin="true").
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v2.1.1), which now requires PHP 5.3.3 or higher.
- Scripts and styles now only enqueued on posts and pages where required.
- Added option to always enqueue scripts and styles on every post and page.
- Added function to remove unwanted formatting in shortcodes.
- Cleaned up payment success and error details HTML.
- Fixed duplicate payment success and failure output for rare themes that render multiple post content areas.
- Added id attribute to shortcode to allow custom form id's.
- Now sanitizes Stripe API keys with invalid copied characters following a space.
- Test/Live mode toggle switch updated. Now CSS only.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v1.17.3).
- Updated to most recent Bootstrap Switch library (v3.2.2).
- Tested up to WordPress 4.1.
- Removed shipping address support. Not supported natively by Stripe Checkout now (see docs).
- Simplified text domain function.
- Added option to disable the default success message output.
- Added missing PHP file.
- Fixed a bug with the remember me option.
- Fixed a bug with the test_mode attribute.
- Allow display of more charge details on the payment success page. This is made possible by utilizing the Stripe charge ID to retrieve the entire charge object via the Stripe API.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v1.17.2).
- Updated 3rd party JS/CSS library Bootstrap Switch.
- Improved messaging for minimum required amount by Stripe (50 units).
- Added option to save settings when uninstalling.
- Added test_mode attribute to specify test mode per form.
- Removed unnecessary code previously required for add-ons.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v1.17.1).
- Fixed a bug with the disable CSS option.
- Fixed a warning appearing for Network Admins of a multisite installation.
- Added verify_zip shortcode attribute.
- Added failure_redirect_url shortcode attribute.
- Updated sc_redirect filter to allow modification for failed redirect URLs.
- Fixed compatibility issue with the WordPress SEO plugin.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.0.
- Fixed bug where a blank email address was getting sent and causing some payments to hang or fail.
- Now using WP Session Manager to handle session data.
- Added prefill_email shortcode attribute.
- Shipping name and address are now stored in payment metadata if enabled. Stripe does not store them natively.
- Added basic form CSS and the option to disable it.
- Added many filters and hooks for extensibility.
- Implemented add-on infrastructure.
- General usuability improvements to settings pages.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v1.16.0).
- Included most recent Parsley JS validation library.
- Moved in-plugin help to online help at wpstripe.net.
- Added image_url shortcode attribute.
- Added currency shortcode attribute.
- Added checkout_button_label shortcode attribute.
- Added payment_button_label shortcode attribute (thanks @enollo).
- Added billing shortcode attribute.
- Added shipping shortcode attribute.
- Added enable_remember shortcode attribute.
- Added success_redirect_url shortcode attribute.
- Updated to most recent Stripe PHP library (v1.13.0).
- Added a couple of action and filter hooks.
- Fixed bug where other instances of Stripe class were causing errors.
- Removed a default string being added to customer description in Stripe dashboard.
- Fixed bug where customers would not receive an email receipt after purchase.
- Initial release.
Where's your plugin documentation?
Find our docs at wpsimplepay.com/docs
What are the system requirements?
SSL is required on live checkout pages, and we recommend staying current with both PHP and WP for security reasons and PCI-DSS compliance. See system requirements.
Can I get notified by email of new releases?
Subscribe here to be notified by email of major features or updates.
How do I contribute to WP Simple Pay Lite?
We'd love your help! Here's a few things you can do: