Social Media Counters
Add social media counters to your blog so users can share your content and see how many others have shared.
Update - 19/07/2012 Apologies for lack of response and updates. I am now free to work on this plugin again, and there will be a major update to the plugin this weekend. Thank you for your patience and support.
Official plugin page with detailed instructions at http://www.philhancox.co.uk/social-media-counters-wordpress-plugin
This plugin adds social media counters to your blog posts from many services including Twitter, Facebook and the brand new Google +1. Full list of services so far:
- Google Buzz
- Google +1
- Configure buttons for top of posts, bottom of posts and excerpts.
- Select thin, compact buttons or vertical, tall counters.
- Enable on posts, pages and even custom post types if you have them.
- Add your Twitter username so shared Tweets have "via @yourname"
|Tags||+1, AddThis, bookmarks, buttons, buzz, counters, Digg, Facebook, google, google +1, google buzz, google plus one, Like, linkedin, plus one, Share, social media, social media buttons, social media counter, stumbleupon, twitter|
- Unzip and upload the ph-social-media-counters folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Configure settings through your WordPress admin at Settings > Social Media Counters
- Fixed new Facebook counter
- Moved scripts to wp_footer()
- Changed style enqueueing for better validation
- Removed Google Buzz
- Fixed minor bug with Stumbleupon badge and Twitter badge
- Added support for Pages and custom post types
- Added support for excerpts
- Addded option for Twitter handle
- Initial version