Simply, it adds polling functionality to your WordPress site
Creating polls is now easy! With this plugin you can easily create a poll, add it to a page or post and users can instantly vote. Allows the creation of unlimited polls with up to 10 answers each. Theming is also possible by altering the files in
view/client (though hope to improve theming greatly in future updates).
|Contributors||wolfiezero, olliea95, Fubra|
|Tags||easy, poll, polling, polls, quiz, results, simple, survey|
- Download and unzip
- Upload to your
- Activate from the dashboard
- Go to the new Polls menu page
- Fixed issues from SVN update
- Fixed a number of bugs posted in the forum
- Added Logger to allow easier debugging
- Improved AJAX request (no longer using
- This has fixed PHP warnings to do with headers being sent already
- Improved PHP and JS docs
- Improved names in CSS for less issues with native style-sheets
- Also moved the location of the CSS files to their relevant theme folders
- Renamed the
- Renamed the
- Added translation support
- Polls now appear where short code is in content
- Fixed database creation issues and display SQL query to use if an error
- Fixed repo missing
- Repo fixed
- Minor CSS changes
- Added plugin URI
- Added file 'poll-submit.php' to replace
wp_enqueue_script('jquery');when shortcode is used
- Added jQuery Validation Plugin for admin
- Added jqPlot for admin results
- Added admin CSS
- Added default poll CSS
- Added page/user/poll-results.php to allow custom styling of poll results
- Added support for none JS clients
"ENGINE = MYISAM'from the database install
"CHARSET = UTF-8"from database install and now using
- Updated file
poll-submit.phpto a better structure
- Updated the
SP_URLconstant to combat x-domain issues
- Updated the admin interface
- Fixed issue where cookie is set but poll option not selected
- Fixed issue where poll results wouldn't display after submit
- Improved code layout
- Improved the poll add/edit script
- Skipped, 1.3 update was more significant
- Fix the limiting
- Initial release
I have an issue with Simply Poll plugin, where do I go to report the issue?
I'm also having issues with Simply Poll but would like to solve it myself, is there an easy way to debug?
Sure is; go into the
config.php file at the root of the Simply Poll plugin folder and changed the value of
true. This will log all background interactions to the
log file in the root of Simply Poll plugin folder. This is done using the Logger class.
Is there a bleeding edge version of Simply Poll?
Yes there is! It's on Github.
- Add export/import options
- Make the admin more "WordPress", or at least better looking!
- Remove limitation on poll numbers and not have the default as 10
- Add options to change strings "Vote" and "Total Votes"
- Make theming easier