- Create "custom shortcodes" easily and use them within WordPress
- Use any name for the created shortcode (ex:
- Use any kind of HTML as Shortcode content.
- Parameters can also added to HTML (ex:
<strong>%%mytext%%</strong> [sc:testing mytext="hello"])
- Visual editor avaialble, so useful for beginners.
- tinyMCE button avaialble in the editing toolbar so no typing required to insert the shortcode.
- Globally disable the shortcode when not needed.
- Can disable the shortcode, showing it to the admins.
An example usage
- Create a shortcode named "adsenseAd" in the Shortcoder admin page.
- Paste the adsense code in the box given and save it.
[sc:adsenseAd]in your posts and pages.
- Tada !!! the ad appears in the post.
- Using this idea, shortcodes can be created for frequently used snippets.
- You can also add parameters (like
%%id%%) inside the snippets, and vary it like
- This plugin will be hugely useful to all !!!
DONATE: If you like this plugin, you can show your support by donating some amount.
- Extract the zipped file and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to the "Shortcoder" admin page. Admin page is under the "Settings" menu.
- Enter a shortcode name.
- Paste some code in it.
- Then use the shortcode
[sc:"name of the shortcode"]in your post. ex: If "youtube" is the shortcode name, then just use
[sc:youtube]in your posts
- That's all !
You can also insert some parameters within the post. Check this page to learn more.
- Fixed bug in loops using
- Fixed several PHP notices.
- Moved the shortcoder admin page to the "Settings" menu.
- Some admin page issues are fixed.
- Changed the "Custom parameter" syntax from %param% to %%param%%
- Code revision.
- Added license tag to the readme file.
- Plugin code rewritten from scratch.
- Shortcode syntax is changed.
- Supports any custom parameters.
- Admin interface is redesigned and easy to use.
- Added a tinyMCE button to the editing toolbar for inserting the shortcodes in the post.
- Inbuilt shortcodes are removed.
- Can disable the shortcode to Administrators.
- Admin interface changed.
- Changed the folder name's case and some minor bugs.
- Code revision.
- Initial Version with 5 inbuilt shortcodes.
(Pre made versions are not released)
Please visit the Plugin homepage for lots of FAQ's. Selected are given here.
I've created a shortcode, how to use it ?
For example, consider you made a shortcode "advertisement". Then you should use the shortcode
[sc:advertisement] in your post.
How to temporarily disable a shortcode ?
Just check the "Temporarily disable this shortcode" in the shortcode admin page to disable it. Note: When you disable a shortcode, the shortcode will not be executed in the page.
For more FAQs please visit the Plugin homepage