Shopp SEO Glue
Allows the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast and the Shopp e-commerce plugin by Ingenesis to work in something approaching sweet harmony.
This plugin helps WordPress SEO and Shopp to work together - you can even assign titles and descriptions to virtual pages such as the cart, checkout and account pages. The current version of Shopp SEO Glue was built against:
- WordPress 3.5
- Shopp 1.2.5
- WordPress SEO 1.3.2
No other configurations have been tested and this plugin will not work (and anyway should not be required) if you are using the old 1.1 branch of Shopp.
|Tags||ecommerce, seo, shopp|
Admin page used to set titles and descriptions for virtual pages such as the checkout and cart pages (this has been added for completeness, as otherwise there is no mechanism to extend SEO control to those pages).
You can reach the SEO settings page via Shopp's Setup menu.
It's just like any other plugin!
Either upload the zipped plugin archive using the Add New Plugin screen in WordPress, or unzip and upload the shoppseoglue directory so that it resides within your wp-content/plugins directory ... then activate!
Shopp (1.2+) and WPSEO must both be installed and activated or this plugin will not do anything.
- Increased virtual page cover - the catalog frontpage can now be targeted (somehow missed this when I wrote 1.5 initially)
- Bug fix: inaccessible callback made accessible (thanks to Phil for reporting this bug)
- Virtual page support: titles and descriptions can now be set for the cart, checkout, confirm, account and thank-you pages.
- Changes to minimize the potential for incompatibility problems with some themes
- Shopp-generated description is now removed from category pages (thanks: dencreativeltd) so only the WPSEO description tag will be output by default
- Tested with WP 3.4.2 and 3.5, Shopp 1.2.5, WPSEO 184.108.40.206 and WPSEO 1.3.2
- Changes to improve compatibility with other plugins including Advanced Custom Fields (thanks to Lars)
- Tested with WP 3.4.2, Shopp 1.2.3 and WPSEO 220.127.116.11 - also tested concurrently with ACF 3.5.0
- Added product category support
- Fix put in place to address issue with the Snippet Preview URL
- Initial release (targeting WP 3.4.1, Shopp 1.2.3, WPSEO 1.2.5)
Why do I need this?
Shopp uses custom post types and custom taxonomies, it's true, but it does not use the standard WordPress-generated post and taxonomy editors. For that reason, WordPress SEO has a hard time integrating with Shopp.
This plugin aims to solve that problem by doing the legwork needed to make these plugins play nicely with one another.
How about All in One SEO Pack?
To the best of my knowledge All in One SEO Pack works with Shopp 1.2 without any problems. Consequently, this plugin does not integrate with AIOSEOP in any way whatsoever (there's no need).
Is this actively maintained ... what's next on the roadmap?
Don't depend upon it! That said, I'm happy to add in new features and make minor changes if they are supported by a solid argument and, even better, if even a little bit of the code to make it happen is contributed.