Responsive Video Embeds
Automatically resize WordPress auto-embeds, including video and other iframes, in a responsive fashion.
This plugin will automatically resize your WordPress auto-embeds, including video and other iframes, in a responsive fashion. It currently supports the following providers:
- Revision 3
- Funny or Die
Visit the test page where you can resize the browser and watch the videos automatically scale to fit the resolution.
About WordPress Auto-embeds
WordPress has a nifty auto-embed feature, allowing authors to automatically turn a link to a video embed into a video player when a post is viewed. To turn this feature on check the Auto-embeds check box in Administration > Settings > Media SubPanel.
Under the hood
Please note that this plugins modifies the output of
modify_embed_output filter, adding HTML & CSS to make the magic happen.
Credit for the method used in this plugin goes to Anders M. Andersen for crafting the method used to gracefully resize the embeds.
The Responsive Video Embeds plugin is compatibly with WordPress Multisite, just use the Network Activate feature to enable responsive video resizing embed on every site. If you only want responsive video resizing to happen on a specific site, activate the plugin for that site only.
|Tags||auto, auto-embed, automatic, bliptvmobile, dailymotion, embed, embed discovery, embeds, html5 video, hulu, iframe, object, oembed, resize, responsive, revision3, scribd, viddler, video, vimeo, wordpress.tv, youtube|
- Install easily with the WordPress plugin control panel or manually download the plugin and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- In the WordPress admin, enable the Auto-embeds feature under the Settings > Media menu.
- Embed your videos using the auto embed feature provided by WordPress.
- Modifications to responsive container sizes to allow for a max-width setup using the WordPress [embed] shortcode.
- Initial public release to the WordPress plugin repository