Related Posts Slider
Related posts slider creates a very attractive slider of the related content from the same WordPress site or blog.
The slider is a lightweight jQuery implementation of the related post functionality. Apart from template tag, it has a ready shortcode and widget as well to insert the slider anywhere in the blog post.
- Showcase related posts in slider format, either in news style or in horizontal carousel format
- Arrow navigation to see more related posts, so add as many related posts as you want
- Complete CSS customization from settings panel
- 2 Pre Styled CSS provided with the plugin, one for dark colored theme and other for lighter theme. Also you can create your own style suitable for your site in no time and use it within the plugin using a simple option.
- SEO benefits of showing more related posts on the post content page
- Compatible with YARPP plugin and WordPress Related Posts plugin
- Widget option available for Related Posts Slider
- Shortcode option to insert Related Posts Slider in between the content of a post
- Translation ready
If you are looking for designer, easy to install featured content slider (slideshow) for your WordPress site, try SliderVilla . Some common features of SliderVilla sliders are,
- Multiple Sliders on Single Page
- Different content aut-fetching based on category, publish date or custom choice
- Flashcard feature
- 100% customization option available on settings panel
- No need to know programing languages like PHP, HTML, CSS for installation
RPS Demo and Information
|Tags||carousel, content, flash, gallery, image, jquery, plugin, Post, posts, related, shortcode, sidebar, simple, single, slider, slideshow, thumbnail, widget|
Pre Installation Requirement
You need to install either of the two plugins before installing this plugin:
No need to install both, just one is required. In Related Posts Slider options panel you need to specify which of the above two plugins you are using to pull the related posts.
Related Posts Slider plugin is easy to install like other plug-ins of Wordpress as you need to just follow the below mentioned steps:
Copy Folder related-posts-slider from the downloaded and extracted file.
Paste it in wp-Content/plugins folder on your Wordpress Installation
Activate the plugin from Dashboard / Plugins window.
Now Plugin is Activated, Go to the Usage section to see how to use Related Posts Slider.
Version 2.0 (02/26/2012)
- Fix: Upgrade to go with YARPP latest version i.e. version 3.4.3
- Feature: Now you can specify number of items to scroll at once in Horizontal Carousel format of RPS
Version 1.3 (02/05/2011)
- Feature: Now supports "WordPress Related Posts" along with YARPP
- Feature: Added new slider format i.e. horizontal carousel using jCarousel jQuery plugin
- Fix: Shortcodes (like "caption") were appearing in slider excerpt in preview section, fixed that.
- Feature: Made the plugin translation ready
Version 1.2 (01/30/2011)
- Upgrade to go with YARPP upgrade i.e YARPP 3.2. Do upgrade if using latest version of YARPP
Version 1.1 (01/29/2011)
- Fix - Sometimes below content, the slider was not getting atatched. Rather it was showing [rps]. This was when the content contains shortcode at the end. This update fixes the issue.
Visit the first release note on Internet Techies
Check the FAQs on Related Posts Slider page of Internet Techies. FAQ section on: http://www.clickonf5.org/related-posts-slider
Visit the usage section of the plugin page http://www.clickonf5.org/related-posts-slider to know how to insert and customize the slider. By default the related posts
slider is inserted automatically below the content area of the post. But you can select manual insertion (either using templte tag or shortcode or widget) thru the
settings panel of Related Posts Slider WordPress plugin.