Post Type Switcher
A simple way to change a post's type in WordPress
Any combination is possible, even custom post types:
- Page to Post
- Post to Page
- Page to Attachment
- Post to Custom
Note: Invisible post types (revisions, menus, etc...) are purposely excluded. Filter 'pts_post_type_filter' to adjust the boundaries.
Now with bulk editing, thanks to Matthew Gerring!
- Install the plugin into the plugins/post-type-swticher directory, and activate.
- From the post edit screen, above the "Publish" button is the "Post Type" interface.
- Change post types as needed.
- Add bulk editing to supported post types
- Props Matthew Gerring for bulk edit contribution
- Add is_admin() check to prevent theme-side interference
- Change save_post priority to 999 to avoid plugin compatibility issues
- Remove ending closing php tag
- HTML and PHPDoc improvements
- Fix revisions being nooped
- Fix malformed HTML for some user roles
- Fix JS bugs
- Audit post save bail conditions
- Tweak UI for WordPress 3.3
- Use the API to change the post type, fixing a conflict with persistent object caches
- Disallow post types that are not public and do not have a visible UI
Why would I need this?
You need to selectively change a posts type from one to another.
Does this ruin my taxonomy associations?
It should not. This plugin only changes the 'post_type' property of a post.