Search Over 30,000 FREE Plugins from the Official WordPress Plugin Directory Repository

Pay-to-view

Reclaim lost ad revenue by forcing users to pay 1 cent per page view to keep their adblocker or remove their adblocker.

A Fair Web will detect ad blockers and display a custom message to the visitor asking them to either remove their ad blocker or pay to view the content. Our Pay-to-view feature will be able to track users across all our partner sites, so ad block users will only need to sign up once. Users will get charged a monthly fee of $1.99. Users will only be charged at the end of the month. 90% of revenue collected from your site will be sent to your bank account on a monthly basis,the remaining 10% is split between our cut, any partners involved in the transaction, and the payment processor fees.

The plugin enables a default popup, visit our site at https://www.afairweb.com and sign up to be able to create your own custom popup. You will be able to customize the message and design displayed in the popup. Its very simple and will take you a few minutes to customize. Content will still be indexed and visible by search engines, so its completely SEO friendly. NOTE: The plugin embeds a minified JS into the footer of all pages instead of referencing an external file that can be blocked by ad-block.

Author AFairWeb
Profile
Contributors michaelighattas
Tags adblock, adblocker, block adblock, fight adblock, micropayments
  1. pay-to-view screenshot 1

    This is how the popup will look like on a desktop

  2. pay-to-view screenshot 2

    This is how the popup will look like on mobile

  3. pay-to-view screenshot 3

    You will need to register on our site to get a site ID

  4. pay-to-view screenshot 5

    This page will contain your site ID

This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.

e.g.

  1. Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/pay-to-view directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
  2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' screen in WordPress
  3. Use the Settings->Pay-to-view screen to configure the plugin
  4. Click on Customize Popup or visit https://www.afairweb.com to register site and customize popup
  5. Copy Site ID from Integration Page and place in the Site ID field in the settings page

Please email michael@afairweb.com for questions.

2.6.0

  • Modified: back to an external reference to JS file

2.5.1

  • Modified robots.txt file

2.5.0

  • Added robots.txt to avoid indexing JS links

2.4.0

  • Added new version of JavaScript

2.3.0

  • Added functionality to customize test urls
  • Removed site id obfuscation

2.2.0

  • Upgraded the popup design to make it more consistent and improved design

2.1.2

  • Fixed: Bug with subscribed users and ad-block detection

2.1.1

  • Fixed: Issue that caused a video ad to display
  • Added: New Adblock detection mechanism for certain sites.

2.1.0

  • Fixed: Easy list added a filter to allow all local js on Hulkusc, so we used its real ad sources to detect

2.0.9

  • Fixed: New scalable and more reliabe mechanism to detect adblock.

2.0.8

  • Fixed: Improved ad detection mechanism

2.0.7

  • Fixed: Bug with google_jobrunner adblock detection method.

2.0.6

  • Fixed: bug with the pixel initialization

2.0.5

  • Modified: default popup when ad-block blocks the site specific popup

2.0.4

  • Fixed: bug with the cookie domain.

2.0.3

  • Embeded minified JS into the footer of all pages so that ad-block can't block it
  • New strategy to detect ad-block users implemented

2.0.2

  • Updated readme to include more instructions

2.0.1

  • Embeded script into the footer directly to avade adblock

2.0.0

  • Changed the script link to httpsfairweb-4313.kxcdn.com

1.1

  • Changed the script link to CDN for faster performance

1.0

  • Insert script into wordpress site
  • Button that links to afairweb.com
  • Field to insert new Site ID

= Whats your fee?

For a typical transaction 90% goes to the beneficiary. The remaining 10% is split between our cut, any partners involved in the transaction, and the payment processor fees.

= How do I withdraw my money?

Directly to your bank account. This works worldwide as long as your bank accepts international bank transfers.

= What type of payment can a adblock user use?

We support VISA and Mastercard and plan to support bitcoin soon.

A brief Markdown Example

Features:

  1. Detect Adblockers
  2. Force Adblockers to remove Adblocker or pay-to-view 1 cent per page view
  3. Customize popup design
  4. Customize info in popup
  5. Adblocker stats

Here's a link to WordPress and one to Markdown's Syntax Documentation. Titles are optional, naturally.

Markdown uses email style notation for blockquotes and I've been told:

Asterisks for emphasis. Double it up for strong.

<?php code(); // goes in backticks ?>
Share  
Download
Version 2.6.0

Requires WordPress version: 3.0.0 or higher

Compatible up to: 4.5.6

Last Updated 02 Feb 2017

Date Added: 17 May 2016

Plugin Homepage

Evaluation
star1
star2
star3
star4
star5

4 stars
2 ratings
493 downloads

Compatibility

Not Enough Data

Reports:
Works: 0
Broken: 0