OS OpenSpace Maps
A plugin to display UK Ordnance Survey maps with markers and tracks.
A plugin to display UK Ordnance Survey OpenSpace maps with markers and tracks.
This plugin works using the
[osmap] shortcode anywhere in your post, page or custom post type content. It allows maps with markers and
kml files to be shown. Examples are available at ButNoIdea.co.uk and my blog.
The following parameters can be passed:
height="xxx"sets the height of the map div
width="xxx"sets the width of the map div
coloris also acceptable) sets the colour of the track shown from a file.
gpx="http://www.example.com/myfile.gpx"specifies a gpx file to be displayed
kml="http://www.example.com/myfile.kml"specifies a kml file to be displayed
markers="NY1234512345;Marker 1|54.454198,-3.211527;Marker 2"a list of positions and labels separated by
;between the position and label. Positions can be 6, 8 or 10 figure grid references or decimal lat long.
To upload a kml or gpx file just use the WordPress media uploader and then copy the address of the uploaded file into the shortcode.
[osmap height="300" width="300" color="yellow" gpx="http://www.example.co.uk/myfile.gpx"]displays a 300px by 300px window containing a yellow track from the file specified.
[osmap markers="NY2000008000;Wasdale"]shows a default size and zoom window with a marker placed and the popup text "Wasdale"
|Tags||gps, gpx, kml, map, maps, OpenSpace, ordnance survey, routes, walking|
A map embedded in a WordPress post
The settings page
- Go to the Plugins page in the admin area, search for
openspacenavigate to the plugin page and click
- Or download and extract
/wp-content/plugins/directory. This will create a subfolder called
os-openspace-mapscontaining the plugin files.
OS OpenSpace Mapsthrough the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Before the plugin will work you need to add your API key to the settings page on the dashboard.
- If you are running WordPress Multisite you (or your network administrator) will have to add KML and GPX files to the allowed file types under 'Network Settings'.
- CSS fix for stripy map tiles after the OS changed OpenSpace
- Fixed problem with WordPress versions earlier then 3.3
- Added hooks and filters to allow plugins to modify output
- Added proxy for GPX and KML files not on the wordpress host
- Bug Fix
- Multiple markers with auto zoom
- API key checking
- New help tabs added to options and post editing screens
- Add multiple maps to post or pages
- Able to use lat long for markers
- Bug Fix
- Only adds one row to the options table
- Fixed feed bug
- Initial Release
Where can I get support?
In the comments section at the plugin page
Where is the rest of the FAQ?
This will be extended in due course.
Planned for the future
- Multiple kml and gpx files
- A Shortcode Generator