The simplest way to insert `rel=nofollow` links into your posts or pages.
This plugin allows you to insert links with the nofollow rel tag to prevent search engines from crawling them. The shortcode also supports
|Tags||link, link meta, meta, nofollow, nofollow links, rel, rel nofollow, seo, shortcode|
- Download the latest zip file and extract the 'nofollow-shortcode' directory.
- Upload it to your '/wp-content/plugins/' directory.
- Activate 'Nofollow Shortcode' on the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
[nofollow url="link-url.com"]Example link[/nofollow]in your post or page (replacing your link's information).
href=attribute to compliment
- First released version.
- There may still be bugs, but I can't find any.
How do I use the shortcode?
[nofollow url="link-url.com"]Example link[/nofollow] into your post. Replace
Example link with your link's information.
You can also include other link optional attributes (if they are omitted, the title attribute will not be inserted and the target will default to _blank). A full example of the shortcode's potential is
[nofollow url="link-url.com" title="Title of Link" target="_top"]Link Text[/nofollow].
You can also use the shorter shortcodes of
[nofo] in the same way as
As of version 1.1, you may use the
href= attribute instead of
url= as that was causing a bit of confusion. However, both tags are still acceptable.
- This plugin's readme.txt file was generated by the bitacre Readme Generator for WordPress Plugins.
Donations are graciously accepted to support the continued development and maintenance of this and other plugins. We currently accept Paypal and kind words.