Remove clutter, save space: display and hide additional content in a SEO friendly way by wrapping content in an [expand] shortcode.
Collapse-O-Matic adds an
[expand title="trigger text"]hidden content[/expand] shortcode that will wrap any content, including other shortcodes, into a lovely jQuery expanding and collapsing div. A complete listing of shortcode options and attribute demos are available, as well as free community and premium support.
Hmmm... wonder what happens this text by that arrow is clicked?
Holy Crap! That other text just showed up like magic! Thank you Collapse-O-Matic!
Options Page? Yes, Options Page!
- Old-school: upload the
collapse-o-maticfolder to the
/wp-content/plug-ins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Ironically add collapse-o-matic via the WordPress Plug-ins menu.
- Activate the Plug-in
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
[expand title="Displayed Title Goes Here"]Hidden content goes here[/expand]
- Test that the this plug-in meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the CSS to match your flavor.
- Rate the plug-in and verify if it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at http://wordpress.org/tags/jquery-collapse-o-matic/
- find-me now is called only after collapse/expand animations
- using .on() method once again
- updated Requires at least tag to 3.3
- added swapexcerpt
- fixed typos on the options page
- added custom css to options page
- added targtag and targpos attributes
- added the ability to insert extra external triggers
- find-me auto feature improved to work with responsive websites
- completely re-wrote plugin
- added sweet-sweet options page
- added colomat-expand-only class that forces collapse element to only open once and stay open
- introduced Collapse-Pro-Matic for Premium Level Collapsing Action.
- added scroll-to-trigger class for Internal Collapse Triggers
- added livequery to bind collapse functions to dynamically added content
- added callbacks: collapse_init(); and findme(); for dynamically added content
- added language files for localization
- added colomat-parent-highlight class functionality
- moved findme auto calculations until after all images have loaded.
- Added elwraptag and elwrapclass attributes
- Added snap-shut class to slam collapse elements shut
- Added colomat-nolink class for anchor tags to prevent auto-scrolling to anchor
- bot- links for targets with swaptitle will now only swap out title for top trigger text
- Replaced on() event handler back to click due to the WordPress world not quite ready for on(). People are still using jQuery 1.6.4 - can you believe that?!
- Click events now use jQuery's on() event handler for content that arrived dynamically via AJAX NOTE: plugin now requires jQuery version 1.7 or newer
- added notitle attribute if no title should be displayed
- added startwrap and enwrap attributes for wrapping titles
- fixed bug when using nested close links and highlander grouping
- added expandanchor to expand items from anchor links on the same page
- added colomat-expand-only class to prevent collapse from trigger text
- added scrollonclose attribute and scroll-to-trigger class to trigger auto-scroll to specific value on close.
Fixed auto-expand of urls with id-anchors
- fixed JS error in 1.4.5 - GRRR
- Added SlideFade/SlideToggle option
- Visited trigers now have colomat-visited class
- Added the findme attribute to auto scroll to start of expanded items
- Added speed adjustment to the slideToggle
- Autoclose elements will now trigger SwapTitle
- Relaunched of plugin page on Twinpictures' Plugin Oven
- Added alternate style sheet for sites with dark backgrounds.
- Improved nesting collapse function for sub-levels and added support for nesting 30 levels deep.
- Added noarrows class for better integration of images as triggers.
- Bug Fix for the new trigpos attribute, stupid, stupid, stupid
- Added trigpos attribute to position the trigger below the target.
- Fixed the Enqueue error (thanks pborg & lancehudson)
- Expand All and Collapse All will now also trigger swap titles
- Added force_content_collapse class trigger to hide all targets w/o tirggers (roll-your-own)
- Added the ability to place a second trigger link inside the expanding content area.
- Added the 'tracy patch' that will collapse all nested items if the parent is collapsed via highlander grouping.
- Added excerpt feature and all related attributes.
- Swaptitle system rebuilt to support images and cufon.
- Updated CSS the over generalized names close and hover to more plug-in specific colomat-close and colomat-hover
- removed !important from CSS arrow definitions to make it easier to redefine arrows.
- Swaptitle will not be triggered if either or tags are used in trigger titles
- Added rel grouping to the collapse/expand-all triggers to target only elements of a single group.
- Expand elements containing content with one empty space will no longer insert empty target elements.
- Added expandsub1 - expandsub3 shortcodes for nested expand elements.
- Added collapse/expand-all triggers.
- Better looking 24bit arrows.
- Plug-in now degrades gracefully if JS is disabled. Added swaptitle attribute to change the title on expand/collapse.
- Random ID's now start with letters, for valid xhtml.
- Changed '-member' to '-highlander' because it sounds better.
- Added the ability to have only one member of a group expanded by adding '-member' to the rel attribute value.
- Added Expanded attribute that sets the default position expanded open.
- Added style that moves arrows to the right of the text.
- Added the hover style to pimp the element style when moused over.
- Added the rel attribute to deal with grouping collapse elements.
- Added the trigclass and targclass attributes.
- Added the alt attribute to define the title's hover-over text.
- Expanded the shortcode to include an optional tag attribute. The system defaults to wrapping the trigger in a span tag.
- Style will support various element tags... span, div, h1, h2... etc.
- Style separates the arrow icons, so there is no background bleed-over on extra-long trigger titles.
- Optimized Code
- Shortcode now works in Sidebar
- Expand Titles now have title tags that match the title, not just some random number
- Shortcode can include a user-defined ID instead of a generated random number
- Added auto expand feature if an anchor tag is used in the URL
- The plug-in came to be.
Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite langauge?
I am a Social Netwookiee, might Twinpictures have a Facebook page?
Yes, yes... Twinpictures is on Facebook.
Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
Is Galato the same as Ice Cream?
No. Not even close.