Google Maps GPX Viewer
Place your GPS tracks with Google maps! Show an elevation profile and download button. Test the Map-editor.
This plugin inserts google maps to your posts.
Upload GPS tracks, trails or Points of Interests by gps files like kml or gpx.
Create and edit tracks, waypoints and POI's.
Show an interactive elevation profile and download link on tracks & routes.
Insert Panoramio pictures selected by tags or user ID.
Add address or lat-lon markers with your own image or icon.
In edit mode use the
Insert Map Button to place your map or use shortcodes.
Specially adapted for geoportal owner and blogger like cycling, biking, walking, sailing, flying, offroad but usable for travelling, tourist office, car rental and real estate too.
* GPS files KML or GPX
* Map Editor
* Panoramio Pictures
* Elevation Profile on tracks
* Google Fusion Table with query option and auto viewport
* Open Street Map, Open Cycle Map, OSGEO Map
* add unlimited WMS, OSM or OSGEO server
* multiple maps on the same post
* Marker-manager to toggle POIs
Insert the following shortcode [map option="value"] into your posts
where option can be:
maptype=OSM values: roadmap, terrain, satellit, hybrid, Relief, OSM, 'OSM cycle', WMS
style="width:300px; height400px; margin:20px" must be css-conform
gpx="direct or absolute path to the gpx-file"
kml=absolute path to the kml-file
address="Berlin, Germany" location by geocoded address
lat="51.093" lon="7.23544" location latitude/longitude
z="15" set zoom level (0-20) depends on maptype
marker="yes" add location marker
infowindow="text to be published" add Infowindow
markerimage="URL" add custom marker image
pano="yes"add images from Panoramio
panotag="tag/user-id"select Ponoramio images by tag or user ID
traffic="yes" add traffic layer
bike="yes" add bicyle layer
fusion="934502,Location,postcode < 40000" add google fusion table layer
mtoggle="yes" markers list to toggle POIs
description, demos, blog you'll find here http://www.atlsoft.de/google-maps-gpx-viewer/
|Author||ATLsoft, Bernd Altmeier
|Tags||biking, cycling, earth, elevation, elevation profile, feet, fusion, geo, geoblog, geolocation, geoportal, google, google fusion, google fusion table, google maps, gps, gps file, gps route, gps track, gpx, gpx file, hiking, icon, images, kml, kml file, latitude, longitude, map, maps, marker, meter, mobile, mobile phone, OCM, offroad, Open Cycle Map, open street map, OpenCycleMap, openstreetmap, osgeo, osgeo map, OSM, panoramio, pictures, poi, POI's, points of interest, position, route, routes, streetview, tags, toggle, track, tracks, traffic, user-id, walking, waypoint, waypoints, web map service, wms|
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it running.
- Download and unzip
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- In case of
updatingyou may need to adjust your
- In edit mode use the
Insert Map Buttonto configure and insert maps or use shortcodes.
- incompatibility with jetpack solved, minor bugfixes
- extended PRO functionality Google Places (+ Local) search,
- POI Marker-Manager to toggle GPX Markers on/off,
- toggle kml overlay on/off, search geolocation
- multiple extensions like panoramio pictures, track and waypoint editor, track file upload
- map manager to style and configure maps
- full size mode bugfix
- KML/GPX bugfix
- Prepared for Mobile Sensor API.
- Elevation Profile and Download Link on GPX and KML files containing track data
- new JS fkt.
showMarkers(map, sym, visible)now you can control the visibility of GPX markers
showMarkers(map_0, 2, false);hides all
- bugfix: kml multimap
I’d like to change the size of the map displayed (from 600px to 900px width); but can’t seem to find where to edit that?
- changing the map size is done by style command inside the ShortCode like
[map style="width:600px; height:900px;"]The style parameter must be css conform.
In full size mode there are some elements on top of my map, how can I hide this?
- Go to the plugins option-settings page and increase the full-size z-index as needed. (since V 1.13)
Full size doesn't use the whole browser screen. What is wrong?
- fixed sice V 2.14.
Google Chrome seems to have problems on full size?
- fixed (since V 1.13)
Is it possible to get several markes into one map?
- Yes, you can use gpx/kml files or google fusion tables
Can I use a marker together with a gpx or kml file inside the same map?
- Yes you can add one additional marker beside a GPX- or KML-file.
if you need more you can add markers as waypoints inside the gpx file like:
<wpt lat="51.36162" lon="8.3341" >
<name> put in something here! </name>
<desc> this will be displayd in an Infowindow. </desc>
<link href="http://www.wiki.org/"><text> link text </text></link>
The sym tag is used to display one of the images inside the plugins img-directory.
I have to do translucent polygons. I have a gpx with closed roads but I have no idea how to make them translucent polygons.
- GPX format cannot store areas, use kml or convert it to kml.
Do your plugins allow a frontend user to plot a trail on a map and attach it to an article?
- yes, the Pro-version map editor can plot tracks and waypoints
Where to enter the Google API key?
- The plugin uses the new google V3 API, no key is needed.