Manage your events and show them in a list view on your site.
The purpose of this plugin is to to show a list of events with date, time, description, place, etc. on your site by using a shortcode or a widget.
- Admin pages to view/create/manage/modify events
- Available event data fields: event title, event start time, event location, event details
- Beginning and end dates for multiple-day events
- Wordpress's WYSIWYG editor for the event details. So you can include styled text, links, images and other media in your event list.
- A duplicate function for events
- Event navigation to view only upcoming events or past/future events filtered by year
- Event categories
The event list can be placed in any page or post on your Wordpress site. Just include the following short code where you want the calendar to appear:
You can modify the listed events and their style with attributes. All available attributes can be found on the Event List -> About page. There is also a widget available to view the upcoming events in a sidebar.
If you want to follow the development status have a look at the git-repository on github.
|Tags||admin, attribute, calendar, categories, category, event, events, list, listview, page, schedule, shortcode, sidebar, widget|
The easiest version of installing is to go to the admin page. There you can install new plugins in the menu Plugins -> Add new. Search for "Event List" and press "Install now".
If you want to install the plugin manually download the zip-file and extract the files into your wp-content/plugins folder.
- fixed links urls to events in eventlist-widget
- added option to show date only once per day
- fixed deleting of categories
- fixed url to calendar icon in new/edit event form
- fixed date format localization in new/edit event form
- added some widget options
- only show links in widget if all required info are available
- small security improvements
- added category support
- added settings page
- small changes in add/edit event admin page
- added settings page
- added option "no_event_text"
- execute shortcodes in event details field on front page
- change of plugin folder structure and file names
- small fixes in widget code
- fixed deleting of events
- removed link to not available settings page in about page
- changed parameter values from numbers to a more significant wording
- added the options 'event_list_only' and 'single_event_only' for the shortcode attributes 'show_nav', 'show_location', 'show_details' and 'link_to_event'
- added shortcode attribute details_length to truncate details
- fixed event creation/modification problem with php versions < 5.3
- improved truncate of details in admin event table
- removed empty settings page (will be added again when settings are available)
- fixed view of details in admin event table
- fixed adding or modifying events with alternative date formats
- only set time format in output if a known time format was entered
- added widget option "show_location"
- fixed wrong url for single event page link
- fixed issue with different shortcodes on one page or post
- changed required prevelegs for admin about page
- updated help messages on admin about page
- small style changes on frontpage
- added a widget to show upcoming events in a sidebar
- added some shortcode attributes to modify the output
- internal code changes
- fixed some html issues
- updated help texts on admin about page
- localization of date and time on the frontpage
- changed and localized date and time view in the admin event list table
- localization of date in the new event form
- changed field order and align in new/edit event form
- added datepicker for start and end date in new/edit event form
- improved multiday event selection in new/edit event form
- small changes in event table on admin page
- adapted menu names to wordpress standard (similar to posts and pages)
- adapted event list table admin page to wordpress standard layout
- used wordpress included table view for admin event table
- added sort functionality in admin event table
- added bulk action delete in admin event table
- added status messages for added, modified and deleted events on admin page
- fixed an issue with additional quotes after adding or editing an event
- fixed saving of wrong date when adding a new event
- fixed sorting of events when more events are at the same day
- added validation of data before saving to database
- Initial release
How do I get a calendar to show up in a Page or Post on my site?
Insert the shortcode [event-list] in your page.
How do I use styled text and images in the event descriptions?
Event List uses the built-in Wordpress WYSIWYG editor. It's exactly the same process you use when creating Posts or Pages.
Can I call the shortcode directly via php e.g. for my own template, theme or plugin?
Yes, you can create an instance of the "SC_Event_List" class which located in "php/sc_event-list.php" in the plugin folder and call the function show_html($atts).With $atts you can specify all the shortcode attributes you require. Another possibility would be to call the wordpress function "do_shortcode()".