Display image by hashtag from twitter or instagram in your template, post/page or widget area using template tag, shortcode or the widget.
Version 4 is here!
The new version of EP Hashimage comes with re-written code, new features and bug fixes!
- Search directly on Instragram (requires a Instagram client ID).
- Reset the cache.
- Navigate between images in the lightbox.
- Wordpress Network Support (Multisite).
- Cleans the cache when deactivating the plugin (no one want junk in the database!).
- Cleans the timthumb cache when deactivating the plugin (no one want junk on there server!).
- Autoload is now smoother and displayes a loading indicator when running.
- Better handling of and better path to the cache folder, no more problems.
- Re-writte of the code, making the plugin faster and easier to expand in the future.
- Image size in lightbox for Instagram images is fixed.
This plugin search after hashtagged images on twitter and/or Instagram.
The Twitter search can fetch images from the following networks in the twitter search result.
URL’s are being curled and cached for 10-12 minutes using the Wordpress Transients API.
The plugin, when enabled, exposes a template, shortcode, widget and a settings page.
- The Twitter API only returns the latest results when searching on hashtag, so the result set is limited due to this. There are no exact limit but seems to be between 50-70. More info here (see limitations)
- The Instagram API required a client_id that you need to get from http://instagram.com/developer/ Follow this guide if you don't know how to get one.
- The Instagram API limits the search result to around max 20 images! Fix might come in the future. More info here.
|Author||Mattias Hedman & Peder Fjällström
|Contributors||darkwhispering, Earth People, fjallstrom|
|Tags||async, flickr, hashimage, hashtag, image, images, instagram, plixi, plugin, social, tags, thumbnails, twitpic, twitter, widget, yfrog|
Admin settings page
Images displayed in a post using shortcode
Clicked image in lightbox
Widget displayed on site
- Upload the zipped file to yoursite/wp-content/plugins
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Tested on Wordpress 3.5
- Better message after clearing cache on the settings page
- Fixed broken style on save button in wordpress 3.5
- You can now navigate between images in the lightbox
- Autoload function not work more smoothly and displayes a loader when running
- Remove cache tool added to settings page
- Delete timthumb cache when plugin is deactivated
- Delete cache in database when plugin is deactivated
- all fixed and updates done in the beta versions
- Fixed problem with refresh/autoload.
- Renamed settings.php to settings-page.php for WP network support (having a settings.php breaks WP Network admin for some reason)
- Better path handling to cache folder. Now works on wp sites that is hosting the installation in its own folder.
- Most of the plugin has been rewritten to make it more flexible and easier to use.
- Added support to search for images directly on instagram (instagram client_id key needed).
- In beta, expect that thers might be some bug and errors if you try it.
- This beta will break old settings! Make sure you go over your settings again.
- Fixed missing expire time for the caching
- Re-written the caching, now using the Wordpress Transients API which is speeding up the plugin a lot.
- Fixed a bug with the lightbox not working properly.
- Added right time value to the autoload.
- Added the option to choose what networks to search in. See the option page.
- Added the option to view the image in lightbox or at the original source
- Added animated loading image to the loadning text when using async option.
- The plugin no longer requires PHP 5.3, now has the same requirements as Wordpress
- Fixed broken instagram images due to url change at instagram. Thanks to ndenitto for the info.
- move cache dir location from php tmp uplaod folder to wordpress uploads folder as default.
- Changed to checkboxes for async option in settings page.
- Fixed bug with async option not saving true value.
- Now renders proper html code (ul list).
- Added global css file with minimal css code to fix default ul li style.
- Updated screenshot of admin settings page
- Fixed bug with the new true/false async option. Now forcing true/false even if 1/0 is set as value.
- Added pic.twitter.com as supported service.
- Added async option to do all the heavy lifting after page load.
- Changed the timthumb cropping in the lightbox. No more cropped and cut images, it now displays the entire image scaled down.
- Updated to latest timthumb v2.8.10
- Added a widget.
- Added widget thumbnails size in settings page.
- Moved all code to one file to fix problems with network activate in Wordpress networks
- CLeaned up the code here and there
- Now requires PHP 5.3 as minimum
- Added missing default values for thumbnails and lightbox image sizes.
- Fixed bug when update variable where empty.
- Added timthumb resize
- Added slimbox lightbox
- Added settings page for thumbnails and lightbox image sizes.
- Released on Wordpress Plugins Directory
- added support for wp shorttags.
- finally got around to fix the problem imposed by twitter's built-in url shortener + made caching work.
- initial release
I'm getting a lot of broken links.
The plugin stores the cache folder in wordpress uploads folder. If you get broken images the plugin is unable to create the cache files. Make sure that the uploads folder is read/writable.
It only displayes about 50 images when I set my limit to 100+
Sadly, there are some limitations in both Twitter and Instagram.
Instagram only return about 20 images on a search. You can find more information about it here There is a way to get more results form instagram, but my time is limited so it have to wait for now.
Twitter only return results from the lates 6-8 days, and most of the time this result in 50 - 70 items depending on how popular the hashtag you use it. You can read more about this in the twitter search api documentations here