Use this plugin to customize your login screen, great for client sites!
Version 2.0 is now 140% faster in the admin and uses a lot less resources! Minimum WordPress version 3.5.
Join in on the conversation on my personal blog.
You can find Custom Login PRO on Extendd.com: A plugin marketplace. New features include faster login loading (no database access), Custom Post Types (for multiple designs) and four default CSS designs. Custom Login Pro is a completly different plugin than Custom Login.
Custom Login 2.0 now has many extensions to make your login page better!
- Stealth Login - obscure your login URL.
- User Hash Key logins (think generated guest logins with-out having to use the login form).
- Email Logins for usernames.
- 2-step Authentication.
- Custom Login page.
- "Super User" only access for client sites.
- WordPress Login CSS style remover (for sites that see a quick flash of the default login page).
- Submit button styles!
- Custom Login templates.
Activate the plugin and customize your WordPress login screen. Use the built-in and easy to use settings page to do the work for you. There's no need to understand CSS at all! Now featureing a HTML, CSS & jQuery box for advanced users to up the customization!
- Works great for client site installs.
- Read more about Custom Login 2.0
For those looking to showoff your login screen, check out the Flickr group! Share you designs with the community!
- More Plugins: Extendd
- My Blog: http:/austinpassy.com/
- My Twitter: @TheFrosty
- WP Twitter: @Extendd
- Contribute on GitHub
Hooks and Filters
You can build your own extensions.
|Tags||admin, branding, custom login, custom login pro, customization, error, login, login error, logo|
Custom Login Settings page (as of v 2.0).
Example of a custom login page using the nyan.cat as a animated background! see user generated designs.
Follow the steps below to install the plugin.
- Upload the
custom-logindirectory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings/custom-login to edit your settings.
- Design away.
Version 2.1.2 (4/22/13)
- Changed wrong $hook prefix for scripts.
Version 2.1.1 (4/22/13)
- Fix untranslatable items in the settings page.
- Added clear transient cache to Custom Login sidebar (as well as above save settings).
- Changed HTML position from input field to dropdown.
- Added notification on transient cache deletion.
- Removed "test" echo.
- Added delete transient on settings save.
Version 2.1.0 (4/18/13)
- Updated notice URL.
- For reals fixed the "remove notice" button. :D
- Moved the CSS back into the login head instead of external CSS (fixes WordPress CSS flash).
- Changed custom textarea to sanitize on save and output so line breaks are kept in tact.
- More data sanitization on settings.
Version 2.0.6 (4/18/13)
- Fix notice not going away on dismiss.
- Updated translation files.
Version 2.0.5 (4/17/13)
- Fix double escaped custom HTML on first import with
SHORTINITto the PHP stylesheet and script to limit WordPress loading.
- Change wp_cache to transients on PHP scripts and styles, a lot faster!
- Added a delete transient cache button atop the 'Save Changes' button.
Version 2.0.4 (4/17/13)
- Updated JSON file to extenal GitHub.
Version 2.0.3 (4/17/13)
- Deactivate if minimum WordPress version isn't met.
- Min WordPress version 3.5
- Version bump to match readme.txt.
- Turkish translations re-added.
rgba2hexfunction to fix updates where rgba was set.
- Make sure function_exists 'wp_enqueue_media'.
Version 2.0.2 (4/16/13)
- Updated templates functions into a class.
- Moved some files.
- Fixed known activation hook not fireing on upgrade.
- Removed post_type and install script.
- Hide WP_LOCAL_DEV queries.
Version 2.0.1 (4/16/13)
- Wrap any function that can be replicated in if exists to avoid possible issues.
- Prefix any other function with
ap_as to make sure nothing is replicated in other plugins.
- Fixed broken logo CSS.
- Add hide WordPress logo to settings.
Version 2.0.0 (4/15/13)
- Complete rewrite of plugin
- Uses all new Settings API (extendable for custom extensions)
- Loads 120% faster.
- Quick cache of CSS and JS on login page.
What are extensions?
They are additional plugins that add functionality to the Custom Login plugin. Depending of what the extension does. You can find all Custom Login extensions on extendd.com.
My new settings aren't showing up
This plugin caches all settings in a transient, try clicking the new 'Update stylesheet' button to delete and refresh the cache.
Is there a PRO version?
Why create this plugin?
I created this plugin to allow for custom login of any WordPress login screen. See working example on: Extendd.com.
Where can I upload and share my cool login screen?
Check out the newly created Flickr group! Upload and add it to our pool!
I think i want to uninstall