This plugin enables you to comply with the UK and EU law on cookies.
This a Wordpress plugin implementation of the Cookie Control created by Civic UK.
It was created by Civic UK because recent legislation requires websites to obtain explicit consent before leaving behind or reading files (mostly cookies) on user's computers.
To find out more about Cookie Control please visit Civic's Cookie Control home page.
Please Note: Cookie Control is simply a mechanism to enable you to comply with UK and EU law on cookies, you need to determine which elements of your website are using cookies (this can be done via a Cookie Audit ), and ensure they are connected to Cookie Control.
|Author||@sherred and Civic UK
|Tags||cookie, cookies, eu cookie law|
- Upload the entire
cookiecontrolfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin
- Updated to use version 5 of Civic UK Cookie Control which brings new customisable options
- Fixed ccAddAnalytics typo in settings page which meant the pop up was showing even after consent
- Changed ccAddAnalytics functions to use Google Asynchronous Syntax
- General update to settings made and docs to make it easier to use the plugin
- Using version 4.1 of Cookie Control
- Added Plugin intro text and explanation of what it does and doesn't do
- Improved settings page layout
- Clarify and added settings explanations
- Fixed hiding behind Twenty Eleven banner image
- include folder updated
- Version number fix
- Small typo fix
- Initial Release
Is installing and configuring the plugin enough for compliance?
I'm getting an error message/ Cookie Control isn't working?
Feel free to get in touch. Your best bet is Twitter, where I am @sherred. If you don't use Twitter go to my website and send an email to the address you find there.