The CloudFlare WordPress Plugin ensures your WordPress blog is running optimally on the CloudFlare platform.
CloudFlare has developed a plugin for WordPress. By using the CloudFlare WordPress Plugin, you receive:
Correct IP Address information for comments posted to your site
Better protection as spammers from your WordPress blog get reported to CloudFlare
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The main purpose of this plugin is to ensure you have no change to your originating IPs when using CloudFlare. Since CloudFlare acts a reverse proxy, connecting IPs now come from CloudFlare's range. This plugin will ensure you can continue to see the originating IP.
Every time you click the 'spam' button on your blog, this threat information is sent to CloudFlare to ensure you are constantly getting the best site protection.
We recommend that any user on WordPress and CloudFlare should use this plugin.
MORE INFORMATION ON CLOUDFLARE:
CloudFlare is a service that makes websites load faster and protects sites from online spammers and hackers. Any website with a root domain (ie http://www.mydomain.com) can use CloudFlare. On average, it takes less than 5 minutes to sign up. You can learn more here: CloudFlare.com.
|Author||Ian Pye, Jerome Chen, James Greene (CloudFlare Team)
|Contributors||i3149, jchen329, jamescf|
|Tags||CDN, cloudflare, comments, free, performance, spam, speed, Website|
Upload the CloudFlare plugin to your blog, Activate it, and you're done!
You will also want to sign up your blog with CloudFlare.com
Read more on why we created this plugin.
- Made adjustment to syntax surrounding cURL detection for PHP installations that do not have short_open_tag enabled.
- Fixed issue with invalid header.
- Updated IP ranges
- Fixed support link
- Remove Database Optimizer related text.
- Remove Database Optimizer.
- Disable Development Mode option if cURL not installed. Will Use JSONP in future release to allow domains without cURL to use Development Mode.
- Add in IPV6 support and Development Mode option to wordpress plugin settings page. Remove cached IP range text file.
- Bump stable version number.
- BETA RELEASE: IPv6 support - Pull the IPv6 range from https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v6. Added Development Mode option to wordpress plugin settings page.
- Pull the IP range from https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v4. Modified to keep all files within cloudflare plugin directory.
- Updated with new IP range
- Restricted database optimization to administrators
- Increased load priority to avoid conflicts with other plugins
- WP 3.3 compatibility.
- Includes latest CloudFlare IP allocation -- 188.8.131.52/18.
- WP 3.2 compatibility.
- Implements several security updates.
- Includes latest CloudFlare IP allocation -- 184.108.40.206/18.
- Includes latest CloudFlare IP allocation -- 220.127.116.11/22.
- Updated messaging.
- Better permission checking for DB optimizer.
- Added CloudFlare's latest /20 to the list of CloudFlare IP ranges.
- Fixed several broken help links.
- Fixed confusing error message.
- Fix for Admin menus which are breaking when page variable contains '-'.
- Added a box to input CloudFlare API credentials.
- Added a call to CloudFlare's report spam API when a comment is marked as spam.
- Fix to check that it is OK to add a header before adding one.
- Initial feature set
- Set RemoteIP header correctly.
- On comment spam, send the offending IP to CloudFlare.
- Clean up DB on load.