Cleaner WordPress Editor
Cleans up the Post Edit Window so that you can concentrate on writing
This plugin makes wordpress posting/editing a less strainful experience. It weeds out all the junk in the post editor window so that its easier to concentrate on writing. This is sort of an alternative to WordPress Full Screen Editor.
You can read about about it in this blog post => http://www.humbug.in/2011/wordpress-plugin-cleaner-wordpress-editor-trying-to-make-wordpress-editing-a-pleasure/
The plugin will change the following things:
- Editor Font will be changed to Georgia instead of Consolas
- Editor Font size will be increased by 110% in the Visual Editor and 120% in the HTML Editor. The Line Height will also be increased accordingly.
- Editor Background Color will be changed to #FCFCFC and the Font Color to #333333. This is to reduce strain on the eyes. The original black and white combination has a high contrast.
- The Editor will be set into the Single Column Mode.
- The Left Side Navigation bar will be collapsed.
- All extra non functional elements will be hidden.
Since the plugin forces the Edit Screen into a single column scheme, once you have installed the plugin, all the widgets which you normally see on the right sidebar, like the publish button widget, will be pushed below the Visual/HTML Editor box. You will have to scroll down to see those widgets. Those widgets can be dragged and dropped to reorder them. However if you do re-order them, when you deactivate this plugin, they will retain that order and won't revert to the original scheme. So please do make sure that you like the new Edit Screen, before re-ordering your widgets.
Uninstalling the plugin will automatically take you back to your previous settings.
- Upload the
cleaner-wordpress-editorfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install directly through the plugin installer.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress or by using the link provided by the plugin installer
- Initial Public Release
- The plugin wasn't working correctly for pages, fixed that.
- The plugin actually works now, changed the way things were being handled, all the widgets etc will show up once the plugin gets activated
Fixes for the latest version of wordpress
- How do I configure this plugin?
Presently there are no configuration options for this plugin. However if there is enough interest, I will add a configuration screen as well. Ofcourse those who have the know-how can edit the plugin to customize it.
Upgrade using the Plugins menu