Adds Photos, Music, Videos & Albums to BuddyPress. Supports mobile devices (iPhone/iPad, etc) and automatic audio/video conversion.
BuddyPress Media adds Photos, Music, Videos & Albums to your BuddyPress powered social network. Supports mobile devices (Android/iPhone/iPad, etc) and automatic audio/video conversion.
Demo & Code
- BuddyPress Media Demo (Stand-alone, includes Instagram and Photo tagging addon)
- BuddyPress Media Kaltura Add-on
- BuddyPress Media FFMPEG Add-on
- Media uploads: Users can upload images, music and video straight from their profiles.
- Activity uploads [new]: Users can attach media to their status updates.
- Lightbox [new]: Browsing media becomes simpler with a lightbox that includes previous/next navigation.
- Drag and drop/ Multiple file uploader
- Mobile uploads: Media can be uploaded on major mobile platforms (Android/iOS)
- Social: All uploads show up in the activity streams. Other users can favourite and comment upon media.
- User albums: Uploaded media can be organised into albums
- Groups Supported: Users can upload media on Groups, as well!
- HTML5 playback: with fall back to flash/silverlight player support
- Privacy: Users can control access to their uploaded media
- Shortcode: Display public media of all the users on the site
- Enhanced media management: including sorting, moving media between albums, etc
- Advanced Image Editor: Use the Dashboard media editor on the front-end!
- Automatic conversion (premium): of common audio & video formats to mp3/mp4 via Kaltura Add-On, and FFMPEG Add-On
- Importers: Site admins will be able to import media from other media plugins for BuddyPress
- External media support: Users will be able to add external media using url
- Flagging and report abuse: To auto moderate spam/inappropriate media
- BuddyPress-Media Kaltura addon: Adds support for additional browser-unsupported audio/video formats via Kaltura.com/Kaltura On-Prem or self-hosted Kaltura-CE servers.
- BuddyPress-Media FFMPEG addon: Adds support for additional browser-unsupported audio/video formats via self hosted FFMPEG
- BuddyPress-Media Instagram: Adds Instagram like filters to photos.
- BuddyPress-Media Photo Tagging: Adds user tagging to photos.
- Encoding Service [new] (premium): Site owners will be able to get unsupported formats converted via this service, even on a shared hosting, without installing any additional software.
- Watermark Addon [new] (premium): Adds advanced, customised watermarks to photos.
- Membership Addon (premium): Users can be given controlled upload quotas and media type access on their profiles and groups.
Important: Please provide a URL of the site/web page when requesting support.
If you find something wrong on your site and feel it is due to BuddyPress Media:
If you are a developer and/or tester or would like to request a new feature:
BuddyPress Media includes full translation support. Head over to the translation project to contribute your translations. If you don't see the language of your choice, let us know in the support forum, we'll add it.
- Brazilian Portuguese translation by Jose Fabiosan and doutorsocrates
- Spanish translation by Andrés Felipe
- Japanese translation by Tetsu Yamaoka
- Polish translation by czemubynie
- Serbian translation by nikolakica
- German translation by [hannes.muc]
- French translation by Peter Lewit
- Persian translation by mahdiar
(Note: Credits are given for translations that are at least 50% complete.)
|Contributors||rtcamp, rahul286, gagan0123, umesh.nevase, suhasgirgaonkar, neerukoul, saurabhshukla, JoshuaAbenazer, faishal, hrishiv90|
|Tags||album, audio, buddypress, ffmpeg, image, kaltura, media, media-node, MediaElement.js, multimedia, music, photo, Share, songs, upload, video|
- Install the plugin from the 'Plugins' section in your dashboard (Go to
Plugins > Add New > Searchand search for BuddyPress Media).
- Alternatively, you can download the plugin from the repository. Unzip it and upload it to the plugins folder of your WordPress installation (
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation).
- Activate it through the 'Plugins' section.
Please visit BuddyPress Media's Roadmap page to get some details about future releases.
- Removes lightbox from mobile devices
- Fixes a few bugs related to notifications
- Fixes a bug in admin
- Fixes text-domain issues
- Adds framework for notifications
- Adds support for Tagging Addon
- Updated translations, especially German and Persian
- Fixes bug in shortcode
- Adds album management options (Merge/Move/Delete)
- Adds shortcode to display media [bpmedia]
- Adds localization to JS
- Added partial Arabic and Persion translations
- Adds options to specify Media Sizes
- Adds options to modify the image ( Crop, Rotate, Flip & Scale )
- Creates only required image sizes ( Rather than all registered image sizes )
- Adds thickbox to BuddyPress Media Widget
- Fixes bug in js
- Adds framework for shortcode support ( Functionality will be added in the next release )
- Improved i18n support, thanks to David Decker
- Updated translations
- Adds importer for BP Album
- Tested with reallifescrapped, an aswesome social network for scrapbookers by Meg
- Other minor bug fixes, especially for Groups
- Fixes errors due to absence of EXIF
- Fixes duplicate comment box on lightbox
- Fixes multimedia display on single media view
- Rewrites activity uploader to fix a lot of issues with themes
- Fixes image rotation for PHP < 5.3 that caused upload failure
- Added french translation
- Fixed Widget privacy
- Added option to toggle lightbox functionality to prevent theme conflicts
- Fixed conflict with Bottstrap based themes
- Minor code revision
- Fixes warning related to scalar variables
- Improves Group Wall Post handling
- Adds lightbox to activity media
- Fixes mediaelement display
- Implements forced download for media
- Fixes image rotation on upload
- Fixes broken spinner image
- Fixes some styling
- Fixes bug related to group ids.
- Fixes bug with stylesheet loading
- Adds ajax loader to lightbox
- Revamped uploader UI
- Added activity uploader
- Added lightbox
- Fixed bug in friends' privacy
- Fixed bug due to which edit/delete buttons would show up
- Refactored code and styling
- Fixes modular compatibility with friends component. Thanks to Cat555 for reporting this.
- Fixes modular compatibility with friends component.
- Fixes default privacy levels.
- Minor Admin UI revisions.
- Fixes load more on albums.
- Fixes automatic count update.
- Fixes other bugs in Privacy Update.
- Fixed all warnings and errors with 2.6 thanks to dzapata79, Scott.
- Special thanks are due to Stephan Oberlander who let us use his site for testing and reproducing the errors!
- Improved group compatibility
- Refactored database update checker to fix bugs
- Fixed database upgrade issues due to js and css caching
- Fixed warnings that appeared on non-upgrade of database.
- Added Privacy for Media.
- Added crude support for activity privacy (due for revision)
- Revised media count functionality
- Fixed widget to recognise enabled/disabled media types
- Renamed 'Featured' to 'Set as Album Cover' in the UI for clarity
- Fixed featured functionality
- Fixed download functionality
- Rewritten query functions
- Improved css and js
- Major code refactoring
- Fixes thumbnail appearance and height issues with some themes.
- Other minor UI changes
- Added option to enable/disable BuddyPress Media on Groups. (Profile toggle, coming soon)
- Added Polish language.
- Media tabs display now responds to admin settings
- Improved Uploader UI.
- Improved settings screen.
- More code comments and documentation added.
- Fixed gallery responsiveness.
- A few bug fixes.
- Added option to toggle BuddyPress Media menu in admin bar
- Added incomplete translations for German, Italian, French and Dutch languages
- A few bug fixes.
- Fixes warning on admin side.
- Fixed bug where when a user visits another member's media tab when groups are inactive, they'd get an error.
- Improved long album title and count display.
- Bug fixes for admin notices on multisite installs.
- Bug fixes for activity on multiple uploads.
- Updated upload UI. Now uploads are possible from all tabs.
- Fixed translation readiness.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese languages.
- Added Album renaming and deleting functionality.
- Fixed latest activity formatting.
- Added auto-update for add-ons.
- Made minor changes for add-on compatibility.
- Fixed bug where settings weren't getting saved on multisites.
- Workaround for bug where the last activity wouldn't show up.
- Fixed bug with iOS uploads.
- Some minor code changes
- New Widget added with more options!
- Fixed 'Show More' action on Group Album thanks to bowoolley
- Fixed conflicts with 'BuddyPress Activity Plus', thanks to number_6 and param-veer
- Some more housekeeping, code cleanup and documentation.
- Total code overhaul. Fixed a lot of bugs and optimised a lot of other code.
- Added proper translation support!
- Removed extra jQuery UI scripts and styles, for speed and optimisation
- Album creation on a single file upload. Thanks to Josh Levinson for providing the fix.
- Fixed Version number constant.
- Default permission for album creation in groups set to admin.
- Fixed the warning on the "New Post" about the MYSQL query.
- Groups Media feature added
- Featured image selection in albums
- Fixed some screen functions
- Fixed the "Upgrade" button issue
- Fixed the Multisite issue for the options page.
- Fixed a bug in upgrade script
- Added support for media-count on albums
- fixes bbPress conflict in_array() expects parameter 2
- Added more verification to check whether the object being used is available or not.
- Added custom message on delete activity action.
- Modified the upgrade loop to handle the sites with large number of media files.
- Fixed the Notice that was generated on the albums page.
- Removed anonymous function since its not supported in PHP versions < 5.3
- Album Support for Users
- Ajaxified pagination to make it easy to view large albums.
- Multiple file uploads with progress bar
- Easy access to the backend admin-options
- Admin-option to disable download button below media files.
- Fixed the postmeta box bug
- Added video thumbnail support for addons.
- Updated the MediaElementJS player library.
- Fixed file uploading via iPhone.
- Changed some default values and normalized all files with end of file as line feed only
- Some changes in readme file
- Added necessary hooks & filters to support buddypress-media add-on creation.
- Support for video format added including *.avi, *.mkv, *.asf, *.flv, *.wmv, *.rm, *.mpg.
- Support for audio format added including *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wav, *.aac, *.m4a, *.wma.
- Added remaining modules of getID3 php library
- Added checking for MP3 filetype and its content before uploading
- Added a few filters and actions for addon support
- Fixed the short open tag bug
- Delete functionality fixed
- Edit functionality for Media Title and Media Description
- Admins can manage which media types to allow
- Replaced codec finding library
- Fixed warning on activities page
- Integration into BuddyPress Activities
- HTML5 Audio Tag Support (with fallback)
- HTML5 Video Tag Support (with fallback)
Please visit BuddyPress Media's FAQ page.