All in One Video Pack
Easily add full video capabilities to your blog.
This is not just another video embed tool - it includes every functionality you might need for video and rich-media, including the ability to upload/ record/import videos directly to your post, edit and remix content with an online video editor, enable video responses, manage and track your video content, create playlists and much more... And Kaltura covers all hosting and streaming costs for FREE up to 10GB.
- Upload, record from webcam and import all rich-media directly to your blog post;
- Edit and remix videos using Kaltura's online full-featured video editor;
- Easily import all rich media (video, audio, pictures...) from other sites and social networks, such as Flickr, CCMixter, Jamendo, New York Public Library, any URL on the web etc.;
- Allow readers and subscribers to add video and audio comments, and to participate in collaborative videos;
- Manage and track interactive videos through the management console;
- Enable video advertising
- Sidebar widget displaying thumbnails of recent videos and video comments
- Complete administrative capabilities. You decide who can add and edit each video;
- Supports more than 150 video, audio and image file formats and codecs
- Choose your preferred video player style for each player you embed
- Custom sizing of the video player
- Update thumbnail of video by selecting frame from video
- Advanced sharing options for videos
- Sidebar widget showing all recent videos posted and video comments.
- Easy installation that takes just 4 steps and a few minutes.
- MultiUser Support
- New default players
- Option to create custom video players within the video management console, and use them within WordPress
- Option to automatically generate video posts using categories from within the user's video management console
- Improved playback performance
- Removed 200MB per upload restriction
Showcase your blog, see examples and pictures of the plugin and get support in our forum: http://www.kaltura.org/forums/applications-and-cms-extensions/wordpress-kaltura-plugin-all-one-video-pack-forums
View video walk-throughs of new features in version 2.4 here: http://wordpress.kaltura.orgKaltura Hosted Solution - Free Trial and Affordable Packages
When you signup with Kaltura.com (http://corp.kaltura.com/about/signup) you get 10GB free hosting and streaming using Kaltura's world-class CDNs and hosting facilities, as well as premium support, SLAs and more. Get started with your free trial today! For more information on our packages beyond 10GB, please contact us and we'll get right back to you: http://corp.kaltura.com/about/contactSelf-Hosted Solution
You can also connect your Kaltura Video extension to the Kaltura Community Edition - the self-hosted, community supported version of Kaltura's Open Source Online Video Platform - all behind your own firewall and on your own servers for free. Learn more about the Community Edition on the Project page: http://www.kaltura.org/project/community_edition_video_platform
|Tags||admin, advertising, all in one, audio, camera, CCMixter, collaboration, comments, edit, editor, Encoding, Facebook, flickr, gallery, images, interactive, Jamendo, kaltura, media, media library, mix, mixing, New York Public Library, participate, photo, picture, player, playlist, plugin, podcast, Post, posts, record, remix, ria, rich-media, richmedia cms, transcoding, video, video advertising, video blog, video comments, video editor, video gallery, video responses, video-ads, vlog, webcam, widget|
If you are installing this plugin for the first time:
- Download and extract the plugin zip file to your local machine
- Paste the 'all-in-one-video-pack' directory under the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in the WordPress admin application
- Go to Settings > All in One Video Pack to setup the plugin
If you are upgrading your current version of the plugin, or if you're upgrading from the Interactive Video plugin:
- Deactivate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in the WordPress admin application
- Download the latest version
- Follow the installation steps above
Installing the Recent Videos Sidebar Widget
- Activate the All in One Video Pack Sidebar Widget through the 'Plugins' menu in the WordPress admin application
- Go to Design > Widgets in the WordPress admin application, then click Add to add the Recent Videos Widget to your sidebar
Note that videos from earlier versions of the plugin will not show up on the sidebar unless they are reposted, or you can edit them with the Kaltura video editor, resave them, and they will appear in the sidebar.
I installed the plugin, but installation failed after pressing Complete Installation, showing me a text in a red rectangle?
Cause: Either curl / curl functions is disabled on your server or your hosting blocks API calls to the Kaltura servers.
Solution 1: Enable curl and its functions on the server (or have the hosting company enable it for you).
Solution 2: Remove any blocking of external calls from the server.
I can't activate the plugin, it presents an error message after clicking Activate on the plugin list
It might be caused due to an old version of PHP.
The Kaltura wp plugin is written for PHP4 and PHP5 with the use of classes and static members, these are not supported on earlier versions of PHP.
Upgrade to PHP5 / later. If upgrading doesn't solve this issue or you already have PHP5 on your server, post the error information on the forum and we'll help you. (http://www.kaltura.org/forums/applications-and-cms-extensions/wordpress-kaltura-plugin-all-one-video-pack-forums).
Support for PHP4 was added on version 1.0
Join the Kaltura Community and Contribute to Open Source Video!
Creative potential, innovation, and competition all correlate directly with the balance of freedoms and constraints we face in sharing, manipulating, finding, and watching video. For instance, to create remixes or mash-ups, video artists need access to the original materials in order to reformulate their new work. In an ideal world, everyday users will be able to easily copy and paste portions of video, as they already can with text. Of course the benefits of a more open system will go far beyond remixing, cutting, and pasting - when open video standards and formats are widely embraced, it will be possible to index, search, and access the medium much as we do text. This will be the real revolution for video.
Kaltura is a founding member of the Open Video Alliance, a group of organizations, developers, creators, and academics all striving to foster the open-source online video revolution. We invite the entire community to join us in building the first open-source platform for interactive and collaborative video. We look forward to your input, feedback, time, and support.
Join the community and help us Open Source Video - http://www.kaltura.org/