Admin Menus Fixed
Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu + WordPress Toolbar + Standard Admin Menu Fixed to the Top of the Admin Screens. Less Scrolling!
What you need, where you need it - and when.
Admin Menus Fixed Three Ways: As a companion to Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu AND/OR AG Custom Admin OR Standalone.
Incorporates HoverIntent to chill the Toolbar drop-down menu hair trigger, so now you can overshoot Ozh' Menu without the Toolbar menu falsely stepping on it; causing you to move away until it closes, so that you can get to what you were going for. Way easier to work this way. Fast. Efficient.
Consolidates the WordPress Toolbar and Ozh's menu and makes them both such that you always have them readily available at the top of your window; no matter how long the page may be or where you happen to be scrolled.
Automatically adjusts to the WordPress Toolbar display state; whether disabled by Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu or AG Custom Admin.
Compresses upper Admin screen element positions; bringing more of the page content into view.
Standalone: The WordPress Toolbar and standard Admin Menu along the left side are made fixed-position in both expanded and collapsed modes; eliminating a lot of scrolling.
- See the Screenshots for all of the combinations.
For the backstory, a comprehensive overview and support, see the Fixed Admin Menus - The Plugin post series.
See what else we do:
|Author||Spherical (B.E (BJ) Johnson)
|Tags||admin, administration, bar, CSS, custom, dashboard, drop down, dropdown, fixed, header, menu, menus, multisite, navigation, network, ozh, position, productivity, screen, spherical, super|
WordPress Toolbar + Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu - Both Fixed
WordPress Toolbar + Standard Menu Expanded - Both Fixed
WordPress Toolbar + Standard Menu Expanded | Page Scrolled
WordPress Toolbar + Standard Menu Collapsed - Both Fixed
WordPress Toolbar + Standard Menu Collapsed | Page Scrolled
Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu in MiniMode - WordPress Toolbar Disabled
Installation as usual:
- Upload plugin directory to your
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress Plugins menu.
- May be Network Activated by Multisite Network Admin (recommended if Ozh's plugin is Network Activated but it is not necessary that the activation methods match). Network Activation is required in WP 3.2+ for the plugin to work in Network Admin screens.
- Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu and/or AG Custom Admin not required but are really cool. You should try them out. I've used Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu for years and wouldn't work without it.
- Overwrite the current admin-menus-fixed/ directory and all contents.
- Fixed standard menu flyout on Chrome browser. Updated AG Custom Admin logic.
- Removed compatibility with WordPress Versions older than 3.2. You should be way past that by now; 'cuz... it's time.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.5+ and Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu and AG Custom Admin Toolbar Removal.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.4+. Code cleanup.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.3+. Incorporates HoverIntent on the Toolbar drop-down's hair trigger, increasing the delay for better navigation. Code rewriitten for better compatibility according to conventional practice.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.2+. Makes the standard WordPress Admin Menu fixed-position in both expanded and collapsed modes if installed Standalone.
- Now operates Standalone; accommodating the Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu being deactivated without having to deactivate Admin Menus Fixed first. This allows the compressed and fixed position attributes of the WordPress Admin Bar to be retained, so the plugin can be used with the standard WordPress Admin Menu as well.
- First public release following an encouraging suggestion made by Ozh, after he saw my hack, to develop a companion plugin. Thanks, Ozh!
How do I configure it?
No configuration is necessary. It works all by itself.
This is cool. How can I support your effort?
If you'd like to help a real starving artist, please help us buy cat food for our Bengal and Maine Coon rescues.
V3.2 Only * All three bars fit in darn near the same space as the standard bars do alone. Enjoy more screen real estate and less scrolling!
Consolidates the Admin Header's User Menu with the Site Title on the left; where all of the other menus are.
WordPress Admin Bar is optional. Automatically adjusts to the display setting of the Admin Bar in the backend.
Toggle: Your Profile > Show Admin Bar > in dashboard checkbox. Menus reformat to accommodate the chosen setting.
Check that the Show Admin Bar toggle in Your Profile works and the drop-downs extend and you're good to go.